Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Class Action settlement

@Another new name Sue wrote:

What was the complaint against Wen?

Hair loss

Esteemed Contributor

@Aresnz wrote:

Received my $25 check yesterday too.   I too wonder if this is why Chaz isn’t on as often as he used to be. 

It sounds as though that is the case. Though many will defend this product to the end, many of us suffered hair loss after using it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@relaxer wrote:

To all who are no longer using WEN: Have your bald and or thin spots filled in with hair? 

What cleansing product and or conditioner are you using? 

After stopping the Wen, eventually the hair regrew. I only use sufate-free products such as Rusk or Emu Oil shampoo

Respected Contributor

Glad to see this post, I was just recently wondering if this had been settled yet.  I am in Tier 1, just called the settlement hotline and the automated line says Tier 1 checks were mailed 1/12, Tier 2 to be mailed in March. I have not received my money yet so thanks for the heads up.  I'm still struggling with hairloss but I've been using Nioxin topical with some results.

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Another new name Sue wrote:

What was the complaint against Wen?

Loss of hair, which happened to me.  I think I’m in the Tier one group, but haven’t received my check. I wonder if this is why we don’t see him all time on QVC?

Wouldn't you be in the tier 2 group - since you suffered actual harm?

https://www.wenclasssettlement.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#q10

Respected Contributor

Some fought this claim here on the forums pretty aggressively trying their best to mock and repudiate any claims against WEN. I have noticed that they seem to have "taken a powder".

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/06/wen-hair-loss-scandal-cracked-open-dirty-underbelly-of-perso...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Here we go again. Doesn’t WEN have its own forum?

There is nothing wrong with someone posting this topic in the beauty forum.  If the mods feel it belongs elsewhere, they will move it.

Valued Contributor

SillieMee,  thanks for posting a link to that article.  Even though I filed and am receiving a Tier 2  settlement I didn't realize that complaints against Wen were "the largest # of reports ever associated with a hair cleansing or conditioning product"

I received a letter from an attorneys office saying that Tier 2 payments were being sent out in early March so hopefully the rest of you should be getting a check soon

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Madremia wrote:

Just received my Tier 1 settlement check for $25 in the mail yesterday.

$25 is a settlement for losing your hair? REALLY?🤔  I am sure THE LAWYERS  received the bulk of the settlement!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Madremia wrote:

Just received my Tier 1 settlement check for $25 in the mail yesterday.

$25 is a settlement for losing your hair? REALLY?🤔  I am sure THE LAWYERS  received the bulk of the settlement!

@SeaMaiden Anyone who purchased or used WEN during the specified timeframe could file a claim for a Tier 1 payment of $25.  Anyone who suffered hair loss or other personal injury was eligible to file a Tier 2 claim, which required proof of their injury.  The Tier 2 settlement amounts will vary, with a maximum payment of $20,000.