Respected Contributor

Wen Class Action Settled

[ Edited ]

I just received a postcard that said I was part of a Wen class action. Although Wen denies false marketing claims as well as hair loss damages, the settlement amounts to $26,250,000. I only bought it once but if I file a claim by April 28, I could receive up to $25. Those who have documented hair loss could receive up to $20,000. I liked it at first but then I felt my hair was too greasy and could not get all the product out of the bottle, also expensive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Class Action Settled

Don't spend it all in one place ******

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rip it up and throw it away................

millions got that card ,including my daughter that only bought it 1 time, if even that...............

I use it daily,I buy it all the time ,have been for yrs and yrs,gallons of it <3  I gave some to my daughter.............. I did not get a card...........go figure........lol

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Why should she rip it up and throw it away??? 

I'm thinking the cards and emails have gone out to people that have only purchased it one time.  I've purchased it several times trying to find the perfect one for me (NONE of them work! - just got dry frizzy hair), so I probably won't get a card.

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Why should she rip it up and throw it away??? 

I'm thinking the cards and emails have gone out to people that have only purchased it one time.  I've purchased it several times trying to find the perfect one for me (NONE of them work! - just got dry frizzy hair), so I probably won't get a card.

@RainyDayGal I've used WEN every time I've washed my hair for almost 5 years...so far I've gotten 3 e-mails and a postcard. Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

I got the postcard today in the USMail.  I have purchased WEN from QVC regularly since 2007 and I have introduced several family members to WEN.

The postcard states that if you are NOT going to accept the class action suit/payment you must sent a letter stating just that.

Just sayin'

Honored Contributor

I got the card today, too.

Here is how I understand it:  

If you want to be a part of the class action lawsuit, you file a claim.  The form is found online.

If you want to opt out, because you may file a claim on your own at some point in the future, then you mail a note saying you wish to be excluded from this suit.

If you don't want to do anything, you throw the card away.

Trusted Contributor

It's a preliminary settlement.  You should not claim the $25 unless you lost a ton of hair IMO. Just buying it and not liking it shouldn't make it right to collect on a lawsuit.  The final judgment by a judge is not until June 2017.

I think I read somewhere that unclaimed monies would go to charities.  After the lawyers get their big chunk of change of course.

Honored Contributor

I have only bought Wen once from QVC and got a postcard.I also got an email and just the other day a claim form for a Conair hairdryer that I bought, there is a class action suit going on. They want to know where you bought it, when, how much you paid, who remembers? Also they want to know numbers from the handle and plug, take a picture, all for a big $5! My claim form is going in the trash, too many hoops to jump through for $5!

Respected Contributor

Actually, the $25 is for people who did not lose hair, I would be covered under the false/deceptive advertising which of course, Wen denies. I will submit a claim but doubt it will be $25. I need the money more than Wen does.