Occasional Contributor

Well this is a weird reason to possibly quit Wen...

I'm a new user of about two months I ordered the December TSV which I used and sent back because I wasn't overly thrilled with the smells and my hair felt a little heavy. So I ordered Lavender and BGT CC's and I LOVE them!! But here is the thing my hair is growing like crazy!!! I get my blonde hair highlighted and it has only been two weeks and I can see about 1/2 inch to an inch in growth at my roots and it looks awful! This is one other reason I sent back the Seasonals because I thought I heard they had a lot of amino acids in them and I didn't know if that was what was causing the hair growth. I had 1- 1/2 inches of growth at my last appointment. But now the LAV and BGT are doing the same. My hair has never grown this quickly and while some people may like that I don't because I spend a lot of money on my highlights and get them done every six weeks and would like my hair to look nice at least the majority of that time not just two weeks. I'm bummed because it really does keep my color looking nice and it is so soft and holds its style but I don't want to look like a skunk! Smiley Happy If anyone has suggestions....

Super Contributor

Re: Well this is a weird reason to possibly quit Wen...

What if you quit Wen and your hair still grows?

Occasional Contributor

Well I'm sure that will happen at least for awhile if I go back to shampoo I guess only time will tell --maybe a few months. It's got to be the Wen because my hair has always been very slow to grow. I've honestly thought about going back to more of my natural color which is more of a dirty blonde. Maybe using Wen will give me some natural highlights?

Valued Contributor

I too have found that my hair grows faster since I started to use WEN. If you don't want your hair to grow, and I get it, stop using WEN. There are plenty of great products out there.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had that problem

Regular Contributor

of the 2 it's more likely the BGT that is causing the growth - from my own experience. Try eliminating it and see how it goes. If you don't like just using Lavender, we'd need to know more about you to recommend another scent.

f

Honored Contributor

This is a odd shot in the dark suggestion, but here goes...

Wen is really good for your scalp. In particular, Chaz always talks about the expensive skin care ingredients that he adds to the CCs. So the ingredients in Wen probably help create a healthy scalp environment which, in turn, encourages hair growth.

To slow down your hair growth you could try using shampoo on your scalp and then coating the rest of your hair with Wen CC. This would let the rest of your hair benefit from the great Wen ingredients and, hopefully, keep Wen away from your scalp. Just make sure you don't massage the Wen CC into your scalp.

Or, you could do your first rinse with shampoo and then use Wen CC as a conditioner (just keep the Wen CC away from your scalp).

It's an off the wall suggestion but maybe worth a try since you already have the Wen CC and you do like what Wen does for your hair.

Best of luck!!

-- bebe Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I would never give up Wen because my hair was growing, it's healthy. I went from eight weeks to six weeks and now I'm at four. Did you see the new product that has been all over the news the past couple of days for root touchups? It's called color wow, saw it on the Q last night , plan on getting some for in between touchups.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions...

Thanks bebe777. I might try that. It's worth a shot because I really would like to make this work.

Waterdragon, I have been going back and forth between the BGT and LAV. Love both but I can try to stick with just the LAV right now.

Beaches 21, I have heard about Color Wow but really don't want to invest any more $ since I am really pushing the limits with the Wen already. I'm one of those that has to cleanse everyday and I am going through it so quickly! :0

Super Contributor

I have to agree with socmom in a tongue-in-cheek way!lol

When I do my TT oil treatments regularly, like weekly or more--I need to get my roots done every 3 weeks--really I ought to go every 2, but I stretch it to 3... And when I'm not doing the oils, I still need to get my roots done at 4 weeks--used to be 5 or 6. Wen and the oils especially really do make your hair grow faster!lol

Not to go OT here, but I noticed my hair is much thicker--like in the Anna Fox (heart her so much!!) demo... My hair was thick at the base but all shriveled and pathetic by the time you got to the ends--not any more Smiley Happy My hair is as thick at the ends as it is at the root..I was stunned when I saw that, but after 2 years of Wen I should expect it.... lol

Wenning!Smiley Happy