Honored Contributor

Re: Well Well Well. Whatta Ya Know

[ Edited ]

I wrote to EL two or three weeks ago requesting they keep certain Becca products under the EL label or merge the line's best sellers within another, larger EL line. EL owns Smashbox. Looks like EL followed my idea submission to the letter. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

You go girl! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm @I'm surprised that I had the same marketing idea that they had. If you want to learn some interesting things about the cosmetic industry, listen to the podcast called Business Wars and to the episodes Estée Lauder versus Lancome. Not dry. Intruiging and entertaining. You will gain great insight into the strategies used in the cosmetics industry. My submission to EL about BECCA products came as a result of my learning of their strategies. If they didn't use my idea, but did this on my own, then my listening helped me predict what EL would do based on what I learned about their past strategies. 6D831FFF-0803-46CF-A301-3EF9CB2CFC1E.png

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Thank you!  I enjoy podcasts and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad to see these two products in particular come back.  Their highlighter formula is my favorite.

Is this considered to be a limited edition collab between Becca and Smashbox? 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Smashbox has been a disappointing brand the last few years, they've had no innovative or good new products.  Maybe this Becca collab will keep Smashbox alive, merging them is a savvy marketing move by EL.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

Sorry, I don't know the answer.  It was  on Trendmood today and that's all I know.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

I remember when Smashbox was THE brand!  They've been stagnant for several years.  Hopefully both companies can save their sinking ships with this ally.

Respected Contributor

I have always liked Smashbox products, but when Holly Mordini left years ago, it lost it's best asset! She was amazing!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of Becca products in TJMaxx and Marshalls right now in my area.  If anyone is a fan, it might be worth a look if you have these stores close.