Trusted Contributor

Re: Well, I Didn't, Did You???

[ Edited ]

OK, I bought into the Josie Marian tanning oil and cream when it was a TSV.  It did a good job of faux tanning for me but at the end of the week before my next tan, my towel showed the shedding of the tan even with exfoliating.  I found exfoliating gloves at Ulta that I use with my shower gels ( Neutogena, Philosophy) and love how they smoothe my skin.  Enough about the gloves...I’m done with JM tanning and her products in general.  I really only “need” faux tanning on the top of my feet (I walk for an hour every day) where my sneakers cover.  Plus I find she flies by the seat of her pants answering questions.  Her tinted body butters do rub off, not just your clothes but also on upholstery.  I’m not buying her band anymore.  Those of you who like it, enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the way, TanTowels work great for me.  I should have stuck with them since I only want limited coverage.  Boo, me!

Honored Contributor

I like to use TanTowels on my lower legs so they don't look  pale when I'm wearing crops or shorter dresses. My arms are naturally tan from being out in the sun but my legs don't get much sun because I wear long pants when I'm out doing yard work or hiking on the trails. It's nice to have the TanTowels to even out the skin tone and it sort of camouflages my spider veins on my legs.Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use self-tanners.  I do use Jergens on my legs for a little color, but my arms and face get enough sun that I am not pale.  I find self-tanners to be messy and a lot of work that I just don't want to do.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I got Josie Marans tanning oil and lotion when it was a TSV and It was the best self tanner I ever used! There was no fading spots, no streaking or weird smell. It was easy to put on and the lotion that comes with it keeps the staying power of the tan. I have about a weeks worth left.

I was going to order her updated kit that comes with the bronzer, but since summer will be ending I decided to get the Westmoor body coverage instead since I dont self tan in winter.

But come next spring I will be buying JM self tanner again.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I have never bought self tanner except when GQ came out years ago in the 60's.   I turned orange.  I had no idea it was so much work.  Some women on QVC do not look good with self tanner.  I don't know if they use too much or what the problem is.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've tried a few but I just don't have the patience. I never had a problem with the smell though. Isn't that a body chemistry reaction? Not everyone emits an odor when putting on self tanner?

Honored Contributor

I used to worry so much about looking tan, but for several years I haven't!  I actually started to develop some sort of allergy to whatever is in these products ---- I would itch and break out in a rash.  I already have a ton of skin issues so I don't need to add on to them! 

Do I feel envious of people with nice tans?  Yes, I do.  I see women who are able to wear knee length dresses and skirts and shorts, etc. and their legs look so nice.  I don't wear these kinds of dresses, etc. because my legs are not that great any more to begin with, let alone with them being very white, marked up and bruised all the time!  It's just not something I am comfortable with showing.

So, I wear capri and crop pants in the summer and occasionally a very long dress --- nearly to my ankles!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have not used self-tanner in 40 years. Tried it as a teen and hated it. I am okay with being pale.

Esteemed Contributor

I dislike the labor involved with keeping up a tan so I stopped for a while.  I recently used LOreal towelettes and they really have a strong scent.  From now on I'll only use at night and hopefully the scent will disappear after a morning shower.