Honored Contributor

I thought I would use my self tanner this year, but so many ladies are going without, I didn't put up with the constant scrubbing to remove old product and having redness and soreness.

I had even found a better product than last time in San Tropez foam!!!

Color me not faux tanned!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, I Didn't, Did You???

Nope, I can't stand the scent of self tanners, especially when they go rancid. I bought a box of Tan Towels from Winners for about $10 earlier this summer but haven't used it. At least those are sealed envelopes so that they won't be exposed to air until they are torn open. Tan Towels don't smell bad when they are fresh.

Honored Contributor

Self tanning to me is a lot of work and really, I don't mind  looking like white bread!

Honored Contributor

I've tried self tanner a couple of times and hated the results.  What you see is what you get.

Respected Contributor

I use to tan all the time and then about seven years ago I stopped doing it. Then I would use a self tanner off and on. Now the last two years I have not used it at all. I am olive complected and I tan very easy. I do spend a lot of time outside working in my flowers and being on the patio. So I get what I get when I am outside and that is it. My husband teases me that I look like I have a tan year round compared to other people.

Respected Contributor

@TY I like the Tan Towels because they are sealed, too.

I only use them on my face, so I open one & cut it into thirds.

I can do my face/neck/chest area with a third & as long as I use the other 2/3 within a few days they still stay moist.

I like that they fade gradually & evenly, so I don't even really notice.

I've been using my same box since last year's Nordstrom sale, so I'm getting my moneys worth. LOL

Honored Contributor

actually I love my fair skin....do not want a tan look....wear sunscreen year round.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found and absolutely love Tartes Brazilliance self tanner. Low smell, dries fast, applies even and easily and gives the most natural color I’ve ever gotten from a self tanner. Fades even. In saying all this, I self tanned pretty consistently in May thru mid- July. (I don’t go very dark - just enough to give me some color.) These last few weeks I’ve been too lazy. Lol! 

I am awaiting my Westmore Beauty TSV. Hoping to use that the remainder of this years warm weather. Much less work and upkeep than a self tanner. Ha!

Honored Contributor

While I had been using self tanners all summer for many years I have not for 2 years now.  I had a torn miniscus in 2016 and had surgery in May of that year.  I could not use anything in the area for a month after and then after that month found using JM Whipped body butter mixed with the JM Illuminizing body butter finished off my skin and looked like a slight tan and I always liked the sun and spend a lot of time outside so I got a real tan and did not enhance it with self tanners like I did in the past.  Sure saves time not using a self tanner.

Trusted Contributor

My legs look SO much better with a little self tanner. So yes, I did.

I think it's by L'Oréal. My husband says it stinks.