Super Contributor

Weird question.... Why does my skin look so much better in the evening ????

I know this sounds stupid but in the morning my skin looks dry and just plain icky. By evening it is plumped up and lineless. I use the same products morning and night time. Does anyone else have this issue?

Honored Contributor

Re: Weird question.... Why does my skin look so much better in the evening ????

It could be due to the fact that you have been hydrating all day (i.e. drinking water, teas, etc)? Internal hydration will make your skin look much better.

ETA: I noticed mine looked more dry in the AM too so I make sure to drink some water before bed and have a glass by my bed so when I wake up for whatever reason Wink throughout the night, I will take a drink or two. It has helped.

Super Contributor

dim lights

Super Contributor

Just the opposite for me -- especially since I've been using SKINN Collagenesis stuff. I pack my face with so much moisture (and other goodies) at night, that I awaken looking pretty darn good. By the end of the day with makeup, making all my facial expressions, etc., I'm definitely more wrinkly. :-)

Super Contributor

Was always the case for me, too. For one thing, the hydration mentioned, plus I think activity puts the roses in the cheeks and brightens the skin. Every time I see a product that promise to brighten the skin, I think, how in the world could it get any brighter!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't, you just get accustomed to it ..... lol

Respected Contributor

On 2/8/2014 chrystaltree said:

It doesn't, you just get accustomed to it ..... lol

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

My first thought was internal hydration throughout the day plumping your face. That and sodium will do it! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2014 judgejudith said:

dim lights

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

As other posters have stated, it may have to do with hydration. If you're lying in bed not drinking water, and perhaps sweating a bit, you are dehydrating.

However, I'm also wondering if you are using products in the morning that are drying out your skin...and by the end of the day, your skin has been able to produce enough oil to bring it back to its optimal level in that regard. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

It could be that what you are using on your skin during the day is working & hydrating your skin. If you live in a 4 season climate, you may want to consider a small humidifier in the winter months in your bedroom. Turn on low at bedtime.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

the lighting is more flattering, perhaps?

♥Surface of the Sun♥