Regular Contributor

Re: Weight loss when you are a bit older

She does look a tad older.  Most of her weight loss is showing in her neck and face.  Maybe it is because she wears her hair more curly than she used to.  I agree when we get older and lose weight our face does show it more than when we are young.  It is good to be healthy but Leah states she is a 12/14 and that is where she is hopefully able to stay.  I love her as a host but as wse age this does happen. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@charlina wrote:

I wholeheartedly concur. Previously, I wanted the "quick fix" weight loss solution. But, as I'm working out and the weight is slowly coming off, I am learning to trust my body. I know that this is the right thing. 

Health concerns were my trigger, and the more I exercise and watch my diet, the better I look and feel. I will say that years of inattention to my face and outward apperance has indeed taken it's toll. My thought now is to continue to pay attention to my health and well being, including doing what I can to keep my face clean with great products on the markert and toned with facial exercising and some products featured and purchased right here on QVC. 

The jury is still out on the facial exercises and products, but it's early yet, and truthfully, I haven't really been faithful with either thing.

As to Leah looking older, well, she kinda looks ill just a little bit. That may be due to how fast the weight is coming off, since when one is sick, weight loss tends to be rapid. This isn't meant as a criticism, just my personal observation.

Having stated that, however, I hope that all is well with her, I for one am glad to see that she's losing weight. She needs to. So did I.

Now that Jill Bauer has only one baby still at home, I hope that she will begin a weight loss program as well. Maybe Nutrisystem?

@charlina:  Two posts and you have all the answers for the hosts?  Wow, unbelievably rude.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Being thin  and trim  when over 60 and on does not make you look younger... infact it can make you look older.  An extra 10 pounds( not massive weight or obese) is good for a woman after menopause.  It does make your face fuller... it is good incase you do become ill... and it is also good for your bone desity.   

My doctor told me this when I went in for my physical and told her I wished I was 10 pounds thinner.... she said i was just fine and not to worry about being super trim. Just exercise, eat very healthy and those extra 10 pounds will be an asset.

I disagree. I'm  60 and weigh the same as I did in high school. I'm 5'7" and weigh 115 pounds. I don't look my age. I'm trim and slim at age 60 and am able to stay atmy ideal weight.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@hyacinth003 

Here is my experience. This is only speaking for myself. Keeping it on me. 

Last year chose to change my lifestyle. After retirement let myself go. Ended up gaining weight. For health reasons, wanting to prevent health problems. 

Long story short, weight came off. I was ecstatic. Then one day noticed unattractive side effects. Discussed with my Doctor concerning this.

Together with her helpful suggestions we tweaked my diet. Please don't ask me because stopped sharing on the forums do to heated debates on this topic. 

Suffice to say: Pleased sharing, I look healthy and feel healthy. 

?? I have no idea what is trying to be said here!!

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

Well, I've been a QVC customer for more than ten years, so although I've only posted "twice" doesn't mean I haven't been watching these wonderful people for a short amount of time. 

New Contributor

I noticed Leah also, and I have been very worried. Glad to hear someone else noticed, too.

New Contributor

Look at how thin her face is....I have been very worried.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Being thin  and trim  when over 60 and on does not make you look younger... infact it can make you look older.  An extra 10 pounds( not massive weight or obese) is good for a woman after menopause.  It does make your face fuller... it is good incase you do become ill... and it is also good for your bone desity.   

My doctor told me this when I went in for my physical and told her I wished I was 10 pounds thinner.... she said i was just fine and not to worry about being super trim. Just exercise, eat very healthy and those extra 10 pounds will be an asset.

While this is true and there have been studies proving it, 10lbs isn't a lot of extra weight.  It a delicate line because people often underestimate their excess weight.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou wrote:

And I think Leah is wearing a wig.

Most if not all of the women hosts on QVC hair pieces, extensions or wigs. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

These posts always sort of crack me up. Most people look around  their age (maybe at the most a few years younger) or older. As a nurse I can usually judge it within a few years (unless they have been really hard on themelves and look much older). Even people who say they look younger, well, you may look younger than some of the people in your social circles but most of us in reality look our age or a few years within the range. Regardless of size, cosmetic procedures, etc. 50 looks middle aged and 70 looks 70, etc. You in no way look like you did when you were 30. No matter what people tell you. I wish as women we would just embrace our age, our aging and attempt to stay as healthy as possible. Please, don't risk your health over a "you look younger" comment it isn't worth it.