Valued Contributor

Re: Weight loss when you are a bit older

@I am still oxox

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have looked 40 lbs since January and well I look like I am 50 and I turned 63 in Feb

Congratulations! Will you share how you lost the weight. I lost 9 lbs since Jan. So frustrated. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@DJP

Weight Watchers it is the only way for me, I love the new program and it is great for me

@DJP wrote:

@I am still oxox

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have looked 40 lbs since January and well I look like I am 50 and I turned 63 in Feb

Congratulations! Will you share how you lost the weight. I lost 9 lbs since Jan. So frustrated. Thank you.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@DJP

Weight Watchers it is the only way for me, I love the new program and it is great for me

@DJP wrote:

@I am still oxox

@I am still oxox wrote:

I went to WW years ago and did like it and lost weight. Thank you for responding. Think I will look into WW again. 

Honored Contributor

I am on a med that has weight gain as a side effect...must take the med....but I feel like it is a losing battle even though I have tried to eliminate carbs. Have had to limit my walking to Walmart or the mall because of the triple digit temps all summer. I think I look younger when I get the puffiness off my face...guess I am not too saggy just yet!
Valued Contributor

I can totally relate to this topic. On January 1st 2015 I stopped drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage's. I have fought with alcoholism all my life and it was going to kill me, if I did not stop. Just by cutting that out of my life I lost 50 pound's in about 8 month's and got to my goal weight. The downside is that my face aged about 10 year's. Not much I can do about that, at my age it's a trade off. I am thin and love the way I feel and the way look in my clothe's now, I just don't like what I see in the mirror when I look at my face.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Leah looks older at all.  

I think Heidi is living proof that skincare and in particular eye products, really don't do much, especially for bags under your eyes.  I noticed immediately how not good Heidi's eye area looked but I'm not going to attribute that to her weightloss.

I remember one time several years ago, a caller asked Colleen Lopez on HSN how she stayed looking so young and she said she keeps an extra 10 pounds on.  LOL

Depending on how much weight you lose, there may be nothing other than surgery you can do to save your skin.  You can firm up the muscles under your skin but you can't do anything about the loose, sagging skin except surgery.     

Honored Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

I can totally relate to this topic. On January 1st 2015 I stopped drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage's. I have fought with alcoholism all my life and it was going to kill me, if I did not stop. Just by cutting that out of my life I lost 50 pound's in about 8 month's and got to my goal weight. The downside is that my face aged about 10 year's. Not much I can do about that, at my age it's a trade off. I am thin and love the way I feel and the way look in my clothe's now, I just don't like what I see in the mirror when I look at my face.

Bravo, @Love4cats. Congrats on both counts. I hope that you get used to your new look, remembering how much healthier you are now.

As an aside, it's startling to see how caloric alcoholic beverages are, especially if one is a, shall we say, hearty imbiber. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@customerqvc2

If you go back to the way you ate before of course you will gain wait, you have to take what you learned and put it into practice in the real world.

The current WW plan is a very livable one

@customerqvc2 wrote:

A few years back, I went to Weight Watchers to lose weight.  Several months later, I had lost over 30 pounds and felt great. I never went off the diet and exercise that WWs recommended.  A couple of years later, back the weight came slowly.  I went three times to WWs and they suggested things and I followed their directions to-the-letter, yet the weight never came off again.

Remember I never went off the diet and counted every single thing I ate, including tastes and nibbles. I mean everything was weighed and measured.  Everything.

I finally found the South Beach diet after nothing worked.  The SBD worked fine and the exercise routine was just 15 minutes a day.  I had worked out for over an hour, three times a week, for over a year with a trainer to no avail.  I quit the trainer and went with the SBD and lost down to my "new" goal weight, which was 8 pounds heavier than WWs, but my doctor said it was age appropriate.

Supposedly, some people who did WWs have gained it back a few years later, no matter how closely they continue to follow the diet.  So far, nobody knows why. It could be that this also happens with other diet plans.  It's difficult to say because nobody follows dieters beyond a year after their weight loss.

Like I said in my post, I NEVER went off the WWs diet--never.  I weighed and measureed every single thing that went into my mouth for two years.  Yet the weight came back anyway.  WWs worked to help me lose, but not to keep it off permanently.  I never ever have gone back to eating the way I used to.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

YOU ARE RIGHT, AS YOU LOOSE WEIGHT, YOU SKIN STARTS TO LOOSE ITS FIRMNESS, MAKING IT SAG WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU LOOK OLDER.

Occasional Contributor

I wholeheartedly concur. Previously, I wanted the "quick fix" weight loss solution. But, as I'm working out and the weight is slowly coming off, I am learning to trust my body. I know that this is the right thing. 

Health concerns were my trigger, and the more I exercise and watch my diet, the better I look and feel. I will say that years of inattention to my face and outward apperance has indeed taken it's toll. My thought now is to continue to pay attention to my health and well being, including doing what I can to keep my face clean with great products on the markert and toned with facial exercising and some products featured and purchased right here on QVC. 

The jury is still out on the facial exercises and products, but it's early yet, and truthfully, I haven't really been faithful with either thing.

As to Leah looking older, well, she kinda looks ill just a little bit. That may be due to how fast the weight is coming off, since when one is sick, weight loss tends to be rapid. This isn't meant as a criticism, just my personal observation.

Having stated that, however, I hope that all is well with her, I for one am glad to see that she's losing weight. She needs to. So did I.

Now that Jill Bauer has only one baby still at home, I hope that she will begin a weight loss program as well. Maybe Nutrisystem?