Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing lipstick with Mask

@Mothertrucker wrote:

wearing a mask all day has left me with chapped and burning lips- almost like i have fever blisters (but I dont) anyone else experinece this? what helps? I have tried everything from Blistex to olive oil to all kinds of balms..but i am willing to try another one- Does cortisone work on lips?

@Mothertrucker   I switched over to the Beekman lip balm. It came in a combo kit and I thought, "Ah, just another lip balm", but it stays put. When I'm home, I try to condition my lips with a facial type oil. They tend to soak in really well. I have the issue w/ my lips and face. The masks suck up my moisturizers and sunscreen. 

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo

The Hearing Loss Association website had a link to Video with instructions and link to pattern. I printed it out but can’t find my copy. jJoann fabrics has the clear plastic fabric
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Dr. Bronner's Organic Magic Balm. I purchase it at a health food store, but I do think it is available at other places. It s very emollient and doesn't have a "gaggy taste". 😊

us-magic_balm-2oz-unscented-front.jpg 

Respected Contributor

I love lipstick and was missing wearing it. So recentely decided to wear a more matte color which I don't normally wear. It has stayed on quite well and hasn't rubbed off much on my mask. 

Respected Contributor

I LOVE wearing lipstick, and liner, it's a must for me.  Brightens up my whole face and seems to accentuate all my makeup, even my eyes.  So I still wear a pencil to lip line, and a soft pink, matte lipstick.  I gave up glosses a long time ago...look too fake and gooey.  I have 2 types of masks, one being cloth, which picks up too much lipstick,  and the others are the disposable type, which dont mess up my lipstick. They seem to stay a bit off the lip, not pressing on them, like the cloth types.   If I only wear the disposable for a quick in and out of a store, I wipe it down with a sanitizer and a baby wipe, and use it once again.   2 lip balms I really love are 1st, Okeefes,  2nd, Baby lips.  Okeefes is my night time favorite...still on by morning and no more chapped lips.

Honored Contributor

I am not wearing lipstick or gloss with my mask. I use Vaseline & Nivea lip balms all year. I never have dry cracked lips. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   Lipstick, glosses, etc. can bring out the color in your eyes too.  I feel that lipstick completes your look.

kindness is strength