Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing lipstick with Mask

@Katcat1 

I can have a full face of makeup on but until I add that last product (lipgloss) I might as well be bare faced.  Lipstick/gloss is what brings it all together.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I still wear lipgloss even with a mask  on.   I just can NOT.  But, I don't work and go out very little these days.  Maybe if it was an every day, all day long thing, I wouldn't.  I would probably find a lip STAIN that wouldn't transfer to the mask.

Respected Contributor

I will make some like that if I can find a pattern.

Respected Contributor

I am a speech/language pathologist and as you can imagine it is important for little ones learning to articulae clearly for them to see your mouth.  So our lead SLP has requested that all SLP staff in our school district have these masks for next school year. 

Honored Contributor

I presume there must be some sort of clear plastic in that open space?  Otherwise, it surely wouldn't work as the masks are supposed to work.  Wonder what the clear material is.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle   I've been able to put on lip pencil, fill in with it and blot. I have just a little color and looks like a stain. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 that's like growing up my mother keep the plastic slip covers on the couch. On a hot day with shorts on it was awful sitting on the couch, your skin would stick to the plastic!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Katcat1 that's like growing up my mother keep the plastic slip covers on the couch. On a hot day with shorts on it was awful sitting on the couch, your skin would stick to the plastic!

Reminds me of Fran's Mom's apt on the Nanny!!

Respected Contributor

I can see how the clear area would fog up but it’s critical for someone with a hearing impairment who reads lips to be able to do that. My 93 year old dad is almost totally deaf and refuses to wear a hearing aid so he reads our lips during conversations! We have all been masked up when we visit for his safety but omg we have to remove them to talk and we stand across the room...it gets kind of hysterical because then we are too far away. 

As far as the lipstick, I am a lipstick maniac but because I wear a mask all day at work, I have not worn it.  Of course, it’s the same everywhere I go. So why smear it on?

Respected Contributor

wearing a mask all day has left me with chapped and burning lips- almost like i have fever blisters (but I dont) anyone else experinece this? what helps? I have tried everything from Blistex to olive oil to all kinds of balms..but i am willing to try another one- Does cortisone work on lips?