Honored Contributor

I love these posts! I wear makeup every day. I enjoy it, and there is no way I will even go to the drive through at the bank without makeup on.

The only time I was seen regularly  in public without makeup was at the local pool! But I was in the minority. Some of my pool friends came with full makeup and jewelry. I never swam in jewelry either. I was there once when they were trying to get someone's good necklace from the deep end drain!   

And I don't wear makeup or jewelry at the beach.

My skin gets a chance to breathe at night!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

My husband just shakes his head when I spend an  hour getting ready to go thru the pharmacy drive thru (or bank).

You probably won't make fun of me for trying to wear my false lashes when I go for my knee replacement.  I'll also have on my Elf Gotta Glow Lip Tint...lips and lashes!  Ohhh, maybe a little Huda Rose Glow blush (w/ sparklies).  Won't that look stunning under the operating room lighting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is any damage done from wearing makeup everyday.  

Honored Contributor

I think I wore makeup pretty much every day from the time I started wearing it at about the age of 18 until I retired a couple years ago.  I thought after I retired my skin would get way better, not only because I would not be so stressed, but because of not wearing makeup all the time.  Instead --- it's gotten way worse!  This could just be a coincidence, I don't know.  Maybe the products and makeup were protecting my skin?  Maybe my skin has just changed a lot naturally -- I have no clue.

I think the theory of not wearing makeup and letting the skin be clean and free of product sounds good, but it unfortunately hasn't worked for me! I wish..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

My husband just shakes his head when I spend an  hour getting ready to go thru the pharmacy drive thru (or bank).

You probably won't make fun of me for trying to wear my false lashes when I go for my knee replacement.  I'll also have on my Elf Gotta Glow Lip Tint...lips and lashes!  Ohhh, maybe a little Huda Rose Glow blush (w/ sparklies).  Won't that look stunning under the operating room lighting Smiley Happy

Did you ask the medical staff about wearing fake lashes or blush? Whenever I had a procedure, I was told not to wear any kind of makeup. The doctor needs to be sure circulation stays healthy during anesthesia, and makeup could affect those readings. Since it's knee surgery, it might be OK, but best to check ahead just so you're prepared if they say no. You wouldn't want to go to the hospital and have to remove everything at the last minute, as it could delay things. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing Makeup Everyday

[ Edited ]

I wear makeup Mon-Fri as I still work fulltime, however I do give my face a rest on the weekends, unless going somewhere special! Otherwise, I put on some lip gloss and go....

I have always believed your skin needs a break from makeup, especially if you wear a full face on a daily basis!

I also take all of my makeup off at the end of the day and use my nightime skincare...I never go to bed with makeup on!!!

Respected Contributor

If I go out without some make-up, I tend to run into everyone I've ever dated in my lifetime. Awkward X 10.

My Mom always said, wear what you want but make sure you take that make-up off before bed!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor
I showed up at the Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery in full make up. My surgeon was ok with it.
Esteemed Contributor
As I've said on here before, I quit wearing makeup/foundation when this pandemic started. My overall complexion improved after a few months. My skin seems brighter and smoother to me.

Then, last week for a couple special events, I applied foundation etc --- in my opinion, I look older with makeup than without. Makeup seemed to accentuate everything I didnt want shown.... if you know what I mean. Even with the 20x magnifying mirror on my bathroom wall, my complexion seems more youthful without foundation. Yay.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

No silly, I'm not going to ask.  That gives them an open to say "no false lashes".  If they want me to take them off, I will.  It will take all of 2 seconds to remove my lashes altho I don't see how that would affect their ability to check my vitals Smiley Happy  I'll just "play it by ear"