Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@kate2357 

Just got back from a 10 mile run

I'm uber impressed by this statement!  I'll tell you what else I'm impressed with.  I just got a phone call (almost didn't answer the phone because it was on our landline and the only calls I get on that are spam calls).  It was my husband's old boss from when David was 20ish years old.  He was working for this man when David and I met.  He remembered our phone number after 40+ years.  He was calling to invite us to his 100th birthday party! 

Imagine living to 100 ... all the changes he saw over the course of his life. Hope you can attend the party.

My best friends dad lived to be 99 and he was very healthy up to the last 4 weeks. He would say he lived a blessed life. He was an awesome man and so kind to everyone. We didn't agree on politics or sports ... but he would say he would forgive me anything ... after all, I couldn't help being blonde. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

That was a good man that could get past your differences in sports! Smiley Wink  Yes, we will be going to his party.

Honored Contributor

I never wore makeup on days off from work, but best thing I did for my skin was to stop wearing makeup daily.  

Esteemed Contributor

About expiration dates: I don't pay attention to the dates. If something looks bad or doesn't work anymore, it gets thrown out. Otherwise I use items until they're gone. If I tossed things after three or six months, I'd have to keep buying replacements. Can't afford that. I've never had a problem with bad makeup affecting my skin. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

There is not one woman that works that would come to work bare face.  Women wear makeup everyday that work and that is a fact.  I did, but you wash it off when you get home or before bed.  There are some women that are stay at home moms and also wear makeup everyday.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

In the last year or so, I have rediscovered the enjoyment I get out of weariing makeup.  Don't necessarily put on a full face every day but do wear some makeup daily.  

Honored Contributor

I always wore makeup to work or events, just foundation, mascara and lipstick.  At night I washed it all off before going to sleep and put on a moisturizer as I have dry skin.

When I retired I still liked wearing makeup, and had my routine down pat.  However, during the pandemic when we quarantined, I stopped wearing makeup but still at night before bed washed with a cleanser and put on moisturizer.  

Lately I am putting makeup on as I did before.  I like the way it looks.  My skin breathes all night and the days I choose to have the natural look.

Respected Contributor
It’s foundation and blush, not Saran Wrap. My face breathes all day.
Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing Makeup Everyday

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, fooey.... I wear makeup to take the garbage out.    (Ya never know when prince charming -- or your old boyfriend -- is going to show up !!)

@Desertdi 

That's what Dolly Parton says! WWDD Woman Very Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I wash my face as soon as I get home. In the last 2 years I only used eye make up and a little bronzer on my forehead.

I can't wait to be able to wear foundation and lip colors again. In Italy masks are still mandatory indoors. They just stopped wearing them outside. So I follow their rules.

My best friend spent 6 months in a hospital,including 45 days in a coma.She was very healthy like me before.

I follow some celebrities on Instagram. They look very different without make up.