Respected Contributor

Re: Weak, thin, splitting nails

i am also going to suggest the nailtiques formula 2.

Contributor

OPI NAIL ENVY REGULAR. No more split nails and my nails are strong and sturdy. Its my basecoat, two coats of polish and Julep top coat. Hope it works
Esteemed Contributor

I'm now trying Julep's Oxygen nail treatment. It's very simple: you just apply it on clean nails and only one coat. This is like a moisturizer for your nails. It has a nice shine, but you don't wear any other polish on top. I file my nails short and just clean and add a coat weekly. Nails are improving.

Super Contributor

1. Cuticle oil

2. Buffing out shreds using a buffer

3. File down any uneven shredding.

4. I like Seche Vite Natural Matte - it is available at CVS. It has a matte satin finish and it looks natural and finished at the same time.

I have weak nails that shred and tear without extra attention.

I haven't tried Nailtiques so this is just another recommendation - not saying this is better than the other suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Nailtiques 2 found at CVS. Hard as Hoofs hand cream. I got that from ebay or amazon. Both were recommended here. I stopped using acrylic nails in Feb this year and my nails were tissue paper. I filed them down to nothing and started to apply the nailtique 2 and hard as hoofs. They are currently about an 1/8 of an inch over my fingertips and are as hard as can be. They haven't even split. I stopped using the nailtique at the end of May but continue Hards as Hoofs at bedtime. I file them to keep them at that length since I have not been using polish.

These 2 products have helped my nails tremendously. I got the Hard as Hoofs cream at Walmart and picked up 3 bottles of the Nailtiques 2 recently when Ulta was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Respected Contributor

Hard As Hoof cream at Walmart has worked wonders for me. The Nailtiques did not help my nails at all. My nails are the longest they have been in years and finally stopped splitting. I also tried TIPS, the gel coats etc. But HAH has worked the best for me. It is inexpensive, pleasant to use. You just need to see what works for her. I use the Lessman hair skin and nails too from hsn.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Contributor

Thank you, everyoneI I sure appreciate your suggestions. I think I'll pick up the Hard as Hooves cream and the Nailtiques 2 treatment for her and we will see how that goes!

Super Contributor

I just picked up some Nailtiques formula 2 plus. I hope it works. About a month ago I bought the formula 2 and my daughter accidentally dumped the whole bottle.

Super Contributor

I'm going to have to get some of that hard as hoof stuff too that is great.

Super Contributor

I've been using "Nutra Nail with Aloe 5 to 7 Day Growth Formula"' every single day for decades, and the vitamins and natural nutrients have never failed me. Plus, it's very reasonably -priced.

It consistently gets rave reviews, too.