Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

If you are an ingredient snob, please check her ingredient decks very carefully before ordering. Lots of use of petrolatum, parabens, propylene glycol and DMDM Hydantoin which is on the list of toxic cosmetic ingredients. Sorry, I know Wei has fans, but I had to be honest here.

That is a very strong statement regarding ingredients. For example, whether you like petrolatum or not, it is NOT toxic.

I wish there were not so much misinformation, often willfully designed to fear-monger, on many sites and spouted by many skincare promoters who want you to buy their supposedly superior and/or "natural products.

BTW, I don't use Wei East's products and have no interest in doing so.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: WeI East on HSN

[ Edited ]

I agree, petrolatum is not toxic, I would never say it is, I was referring to DMDM Hydantoin.  but I choose not to use petro chemicals on my skin, for various reasons. You must make the choices for yourself as I posted earlier.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I agree, petrolatum is not toxic, I would never say it is, I was referring to DMDM Hydantoin.  but I choose not to use petro chemicals on my skin, for various reasons. You must make the choices for yourself as I posted earlier.

Thanks for clarifying. I do know about the controversy over DMDM Hydantoin. Some believe that it is toxic; others do not think that it poses any danger other than potentially irritation or an allergic reaction on sensitive skin.

And you are right, of course, that we all must decide for ourselves. I have no problem with the common parabens that are currently used in many products or with propylene glycol (I agree with Beautypedia's "good" rating and think that much misinformation has been promoted).

As for petrolatum, it depends upon the type of product. I probably would not want it up front in a night cream, for example, but would not have a problem with it in a lip produt or a healing ointment.

Again, I appreciate your clarification.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Tried her products once in a moment of weakness. They literally burned my face - and I don't have sensitive skin.

For me, her products are pure junk.

Respected Contributor
Wei stated on a show yesterday that she going back to live in China full time.
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle, I used to use her products many years ago before I became educated about ingredients. Once I started doing so much reading and researching, I was so disappointed that's what she was using. I have not used her line since then.