Super Contributor
Hi has anyone used any Wayne Goss eye or face palettes? I saw somw new colors for Fall. I have never used his products and wonfer of they are worth the cost. I like the more nuetral shades. Any sugghestions or something comparable? Thanks very much in advance!
Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo 

Wayne is in a league of his own.  I don't have any of his palettes and I'm not sure but maybe Patrick Ta, Manny MUA?  I don't know how they compare.  If I were going to choose a male makeup artist who had his own line of eyeshadows, it would be Wayne.  Someone here has one of his palettes.  Maybe she'll see this message.  You can't go wrong with his products but only you know if it's worth it.

Respected Contributor

I personally would not purchase any of his palettes. First of all $55.00 for only 6 eyeshadows yes they are very large but I feel to large noone would be able to go through these shadows. I think he should of  cut the shadows in half and given us more colors.  If you really look at all of his palettes they all can be duped. Nothing in his palettes are nothing we haven't seen before. Go to Temptalia (not on youtube)and see what  the ratings are on some of his palettes not that great. Yes, I do like Wayne and have learned a lot from him but for me the palettes are way over priced. For $55.00 I could get a high end  palette with a lot more colors.But, this is only my opinion. Everyone is different. But if you do decide to buy one check out youtube for reviews.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wayne Goss palettes

[ Edited ]

Hi @LillyandHobo.  Yes I have just one of his 3 -- the 2nd released  of Wayne's Eyeshadow Palletes called "Pearl". I did read mixed reviews on his 1st pallette but read better on this&his newest one.   I actually  love it and have been using it alot more than I  expected!  The Pearl Pallette is so flattering & a smooth formula on my 53 year old eyes. I don't mind the bigger pans here --there's a huge ivory shade in it& I tend to use that up quick. And I like all the other soft  colors too. .I also got his beautiful blush/highlighter in Coral Rose and his mascara. So far I'm happy with the quality of all 3. Not sure about his eyeliners and lipsticks.  They haven't caught my attention as much.  

I  don't know like Monica would what else may be comparable as the last few years I  have only been using Charlotte Tilbury products (not cheap either but i buy&need less now that I'm  older).  I  recently gifted my sister Bare Minerals Gen Nude Pallete and she raves about it! Maybe check that one out. 

A great suggestion here  to check Temptalia's web site for more dupes. 

Trusted Contributor

@LillyandHobo I have Wayne's Pearl palette which is his third eye palette.  I really like it and use it often.  It's what I reach for now if I'm not sure what I want to do with my eyes that day.

The shadows don't have any kickback and they blend beautifully.  I think this palette is his most neutral.  I've seen a few reviews where they said it was bridal looking and I agree.  It gives a soft, pretty look.  The shimmer and celestial shade are sparkly but subtle.  If you like a really bright shimmer/glitter, you probably wouldn't like them.

The palette itself is very nice.  Nice feel in your hands and a great mirror.  The pans are huge.  I understand why some might prefer smaller pans with more shades.  There aren't a ton of options for looks with this palette.  It doesn't bother me because I have a few palettes where my favorite shades have hit pan and other shades have barely been used.  Since I use all of the shades in this palette, I'm glad to know I won't hit pan anytime soon.

Super Contributor
Thanls so much for your response. I am in my 60's but have ALWAYS loved makeup. I am however not interested in the sparkly, glittery ones. I am more interested in the bridal ones! lol. I like the one you are talking about with Celestral color. That is the one I saw the piqued my onterest. I like many have heard the mixed reviews. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I will so miss this formum!
Super Contributor
Thank you so much for responding.I get hesitant to spend a larger amount of money on a product without someones opinion that has used it. I will miss these Forums and the ability to talk one on one.....Take care
Super Contributor
Thank you so much for the input. I will definetely look at your suggestion. I have always loved makeup so much so that it made me much happier getting a makeup palette vs a new outfit. Looking at new products is actually fun for me. Take care and again ty! I will miss all this talk in the Forum!
Trusted Contributor

@LillyandHobo You're very welcome! I hope you love the palette if you decide to buy it.  I'm wearing it today and as always, it looks really pretty.

I will miss this forum too.  I signed up for the one on ProBoards that MellyG started and it looks like a lot of people from this forum have also joined.  Hopefully the beauty discussions there will be as helpful as they have been here.