Respected Contributor

Way O/T - any crafters here? Would love opinions on Cricut Explore Air & Silhouette....

Happy Fourth, everyone!

I'm hoping some of you crafters will share your knowledge of, and experience with, either or both of these machines.  This is definitely in the want category, not need, but I've been wanting one for a long time now.  Is it worth the investment?  Is one better than the other?  

TIA!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Way O/T - any crafters here? Would love opinions on Cricut Explore Air & Silhouette....

I don't have either of these machines but I do have a cricut. I love it. I was going to purchase the air as I think that will is a great machine and wireless. However as I am not computer savvy or spend a lot of time on the computer I did not purchase. I have a ton of cartridges and feel I have most of what would be offered in the craft room. Not all but with my cartridges I have thousands of images. The machine works great and I have never had a problem with it. I don't think you would regret buying the machine. If I did choose to buy I would go with the wireless choice.
Respected Contributor

Re: Way O/T - any crafters here? Would love opinions on Cricut Explore Air & Silhouette....

Thanks so much Janet!  I'm glad that I've waited, now that the Air is out.  I feel that the wireless unit has a lot of versatility, and would be a great option.  What type of things do you make with yours?

Trusted Contributor

Two of my cousins (sisters) have the Silhouette. One of them bought it, and then the other followed suit as she was so impressed with the results. They both work craft fairs and make a lot of items to sell in local shops. The results are very nice, and the machines have paid for themselves. However, they did tell me there is a learning curve. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks Vamp!  What type of things do they make?

Respected Contributor

Bumping up, hoping for more discussion.