Esteemed Contributor

@Parischic  If I were you, I would stop the drops and make an appointment with an ophthalmologist right aways, even if the watering stops.

Like other posters have stated, it is my understanding that whitening eye drops are not good for the eyes.  Maybe save them for special occasions if the ophthalmologist approves.

Valued Contributor
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will stop the Lumify and see if that helps. I will also stop using and old Mally gel pencil and see if that's causing it.
Then Eye Doctor!!!
Honored Contributor

I have dry eyes and they are watery.  I also have a condition that the lower rim of the eye gets clogged, I can't think of the condition.  In the morning my eyes are red as well as the rims of the eyes, I look like a sick animal.

I also use the drops that whiten the whites of my eyes, I try not to use it daily, but it has not made my eyes water.

Honored Contributor

@Parischic 

If this has gone on for a good bit, please just make an eye appointment.  I have terribly dry eyes.  I can go along for quite a while just using OTC drops but then I get really bad to where I look like I am crying --- tears running down my face.  You would think this means that you have too much moisture but just the opposite is true.  My eye doctor said that your eyes are so dry they are putting out all these tears to compensate.  You might need a prescription drop or gel.  I usually have to end up getting an antibiotic gel to use in my eyes at night.  

Stop using what you are using and I would throw out any eye cosmetics you have been using.  

As for the drops that whiten the eye, I think I read that they should not be used every day.  

Also, some OTC allergy meds can dry out your eyes. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Parischic Also a dry eye girl here.   Oddly they can water at times, especially in the supermarket with the bright lights, lights for me are a killer.   I use Systane eye drops for lubrication.  Just FYI I see my optomestrist yearly and he told me once that "eye liner" is your eyes worst enemy.  Luckily I am not a big make up girl as sadly many of those type products irritate the eyes.   I agree with others always keep up with your eye exams. 

Honored Contributor

@Parischic wrote:
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will stop the Lumify and see if that helps. I will also stop using and old Mally gel pencil and see if that's causing it.
Then Eye Doctor!!!

@Parischic 

Lumify makes my eyes dry, too. I can't put an entire drop in each eye so I just take an eyeliner brush and dip it into the Lumify cap/w drop inside and apply the Lumify to my waterlines only. For me that helps whiten my eyes plus it gets rid of a red-looking waterline. My eyes don't get as dry that way and I only use it on occasion.

Respected Contributor

I suffer from dry eyes and corneal errosions that developed as I aged. It is a painful condition because the cornea has so many nerve endings. Upon consultation, the doctor said I may have a dystrophy where the outer layer of the cornea is not attached propely. I was told to use Refresh Eye Gel drops in the evening before retiring to bed. They have helped with the erosions but my eyes are still gritty and dried out in the morning. It is a frustrating condition. Your best bet will be to consult with an eye doctor, perferably an opthomologist. 

Respected Contributor
I have combination dry eye and allergies. When you have dry eye your eyes do not water but they do if you have allergies. I use dry eye drops and prescription eye allergy drops. You need to see a doctor to get the right diagnosis.
Honored Contributor

@Parischic 

My eyes were always dry & watery. The eye doctor told me to use an eye mask. My eye glands were clogged causing the issue. I bought the Bausch + Lomb Thera Pearl eye mask. I heat it in the microwave relax 10 mins. daily.  My eyes are no longer dry. They do water in the morning when I get up. Now I just wear the mask when I need it or feel like it. It feels pretty good. I no longer have to use expensive dry eye drops every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz Thank you for mentioning this.  I am going to try the eye mask thing.  I had a coupon for Casper products and ordered another silk pillowcase but this one comes with a silk mask!   Hopefully this helps me, my lubricating drops do too, but I want to do everything I can for my eyes.