Esteemed Contributor

Waterproof topcoat for mascara - recommendations?

Do you use one that you recommend?  And have you tried any that you warn against?  

Thanks in advance!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Waterproof topcoat for mascara - recommendations?

Why not just use a waterproof mascara? It would be more convenient that way.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why not just use a waterproof mascara? It would be more convenient that way.Woman Happy

Using a topcoat allows one to use many different kind of mascara. Not all waterproof varieties perform as advertised. I used to use a topcoat from Anastasia, of course it was discontinued. I'm now trying Bare Minerals " locked and Coated ". Estée Lauder also has one, that I want to try, I'll report back.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  More interested in smudgeproof.  Waterproof topcoat should work for both, right?

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I used to use bareMinerals Locked & Coated also, but it's been discontinued.  I've been using the NYX Lock It! topcoat and it works fine.  It's also reasonably priced and easier to find.

Trusted Contributor

You may have thick gorgeous lashes but remember water proof mascara will cause your lashes to break off................it just does..........I use a mascara that is conditioning and not waterproof.  But some women have the thickest lashes and can sleep in mascara and they never fall out. lol  so be careful.  YSL is great and when I cry really it does not run brown badly down my face because I start wiping as the tears are falling.  Maybe that is why.