Valued Contributor

Re: Water-based foundation primer?

First aid beauty  has one...I believe it is coconut water based (not coconut oil).

Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77  I just bought the 4-in-1 Correcting Primer Energize & Rescue from Pur Cosmetics.  Hoping it works!!  It's BOGO free right now on their site. (Code is on the site.)  It's made with aloe, coconut water and probiotics.

another one that also works well ... Too Faced_HangoveRx. 

It's marketed as a "replenishing face prmer"....and I am really satisfied with it.. it works perfectly with the application that I use.. At the age of 59, I am done with "make-up" foundation.  I apply the HangoveRx all over my face as primer, then wait 3-5 minutes to be sure it dries.. Then on the back of my hand I mix 1 drop of HangoveRx with 3-4 drops of Clinique's Even Better make-up (which is water-based too) and apply it as a type of "tinted moisturizer" so to speak... It is the perfect coverage without being heavy and sticky..  I find to my amazement my skin does feel smoother, no longer tough or thick feeling to the touch...could almost be described as being able to "breathe" and not taut or restricted.. 

Water-based primer has to be used with water-based foundation, or any type of tinted moisturizer for that matter..

Take care~