Honored Contributor

Re: Washing off physical sunscreen without oil

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Regarding One Love Organics: I messaged with the owner, Suzanne LeRoux, about the reformulation. She said that very little changed, only that it foamed (for lack of a better word) or maybe was a bit more luxurious, she said. I do have a bottle of the new but haven't opened it yet. I doubt that I will have any problem with it.

Regardless, her customers seem to prefer the older one. So she is going to offer the old formula very soon. Right now on her site, the item is not available, probably because they are working on getting the old formula in production.

I love this cleansing oil, and I'm also liking their Skin Savior balm.

So they are going back to the original formula?? That is GREAT news! I've been trying to find a cleanser I wanted to try after I got through my stash but haven't found any I liked, ingredient wise, as well as the OLO. Fantastic!

Regular Contributor

I use Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm followed by CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Cleanser.  I remove each with a slightly warm washcloth.  I, too, wear a physical sunscreen, which I apply as instructed -- minimum of 1/2 tsp for face and neck.  If I rely only on the CeraVe cleanser, I notice that I start having miniscule white bumps on my face as a result of the physical sunscreen not being removed completely.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Regarding One Love Organics: I messaged with the owner, Suzanne LeRoux, about the reformulation. She said that very little changed, only that it foamed (for lack of a better word) or maybe was a bit more luxurious, she said. I do have a bottle of the new but haven't opened it yet. I doubt that I will have any problem with it.

Regardless, her customers seem to prefer the older one. So she is going to offer the old formula very soon. Right now on her site, the item is not available, probably because they are working on getting the old formula in production.

So they are going back to the original formula?? That is GREAT news! I've been trying to find a cleanser I wanted to try after I got through my stash but haven't found any I liked, ingredient wise, as well as the OLO. Fantastic!

Oh, thank goodness!  So glad I read the posts after HD's and thank you SQ3 for following up with them.  I didn't remember her using Di-ppg-2myreth-10 Adipate previously but figured I got my solubilizers mixed up.  But this makes sense now.  She must have added that ingredient.  It's more along the lines of a light, emollient surfactant.  I actually want to try that formula.  I think it was a clever addition.  But, then again, the former was pretty darn close to perfection.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Oh, thank goodness!  So glad I read the posts after HD's and thank you SQ3 for following up with them.  I didn't remember her using Di-ppg-2myreth-10 Adipate previously but figured I got my solubilizers mixed up.  But this makes sense now.  She must have added that ingredient.  It's more along the lines of a light, emollient surfactant.  I actually want to try that formula.  I think it was a clever addition.  But, then again, the former was pretty darn close to perfection.

@Bella CarroI'm looking forward to that bottle I have that is the new formula. The way Suzanne described sounded as if it was right up my alley. But I hope I don't fall too hard for it because I have a feeling she will not be offering both, just the old formula once it's up and running. Not a big deal either way for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Bella CarroI'm looking forward to that bottle I have that is the new formula. The way Suzanne described sounded as if it was right up my alley. But I hope I don't fall too hard for it because I have a feeling she will not be offering both, just the old formula once it's up and running. Not a big deal either way for me.

Bella, suzyQ & HappyDaze-

I'm so glad to find this information.  I was thinking last night I NEED a non-drying oil- based cleanser in the worst way.  My face feels so much cleaner starting with an oil to get off all the eye makeup grime along with the rest of it.

I'm currently using straight baby oil for  eyes & a rotation of one of a few other cleansers for my face.  I prefer an oil cleansing 1st.  Then  use another cleanser to put moisture back in my skin since oil is so drying.

In the past I've used DHC & Bobbi Brown's oil cleansers for eyes and face. 

Even though One Love Organics has a new formula in the process of being changed  back to the original,  I'm fine with trying the current formula until the old one is sold again.

BTW, totally OT...  suzyQ & HappyDaze... you'll see heart notifications from me pertaining to older posts and probably think What-the-heck?!  After seeing the G-R infomercial for IT Cosmetic's Bye Bye 3D Complex Foundation for the 1st time this morning, I pulled up a search here.   As a result I ran across a thread clear back to mid January.  Yeah.  I know.  I'm WAAAAY behind the curve, . Anyway, wanted to say thanks for the laughs with your hilarious banter. over the steep price.. "the 3D technology...&  I need a drink" remark,.etc.  HA!  You ladies can get on a roll & sure trigger the 'ole funny bone.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving first, beautiful picture, by the way! Smiley Happy Secondly, laughing and having fun is what I like to do the most and based on your nic, I think it is important to you as well, lol! Smiley Happy

Regarding the One love organics, I have sensitive eyes. Most facial cleansers sting and burn them and I can't even use baby oil to remove eye makeup because it makes my eyes blurry, lol. Anyway, the OLO cleansing oil is one of the few products that does not irritate my eyes. I use it all over my eye makeup and my eyes are often open and I've had not a single issue. And it removes all my eye makeup unless it is seriously waterproof, in which I use coconut oi. It is pricey but you only need a little and a bottle lasts awhile. I am just happy to have finally found something that actually removes all my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't dry my skin out! You can sometimes get it on sale at various sites like dermstore, beauty.com, etc but sometimes they coupon codes are excluded for the brand. I stock up when it is on sale and the coupon code works. I bought out dermstore's supply of the original version when they had a sale, lol. Okay not really but wish I did. Smiley Happy

I look forward to SuzyQ's review of the new formula because she's been using the original formula for awhile and will be able to make a really good comparison. And maybe it won't be any noticeable difference. Sometimes us ol' stuck-in-the-muds don't like change and just like to complain when things change even if it isn't a bad or significant/noticeable change. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I edited above attempting to not be "so wordy":... *wink*.   Hey!... that's what I do.  Edit, edit, edit....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm so glad to find this information.  I was thinking last night I NEED a non-drying oil- based cleanser in the worst way.  My face feels so much cleaner starting with an oil to get off all the eye makeup grime along with the rest of it.

I'm currently using straight baby oil for  eyes & a rotation of one of a few other cleansers for my face.  I prefer an oil cleansing 1st.  Then  use another cleanser to put moisture back in my skin since oil is so drying.

Even though One Love Organics has a new formula in the process of being changed  back to the original,  I'm fine with trying the current formula until the old one is sold again.

BTW, totally OT...  suzyQ & HappyDaze... you'll see heart notifications from me pertaining to older posts and probably think What-the-heck?!  After seeing the G-R infomercial for IT Cosmetic's Bye Bye 3D Complex Foundation for the 1st time this morning, I pulled up fa search here.   As a result I ran across a thread clear back to mid January.  Yeah.  I know.  I'm WAAAAY behind the curve, . Anyway, wanted to say thanks for the laughs with your hilarious banter. over the steep price.. "the 3D technology...&  I need a drink" remark,.etc.  HA!  You ladies can get on a roll & sure trigger the 'ole funny bone.  Smiley Happy

@Funloving

Hi, Fun.

I'm not sure that you CAN get the new OLO formulation, unless you steal mine. Suzanne has a note on that product on her site saying the the product is currently unavailable.

If you're desperate and don't care to wait for the old formulation to reappear, you could buy the oil cleanser elsewhere. You of course would not know which one unless you compare the ingredients. They are still listed on her site, and they are the ingredients for the new formula that apparently was not popular with her fans.

She told me that because it was more "luxurious," it wasn't as easy for her customers who don't rinse it off with a cloth. (I always use a cloth).

You could contact her to see when it will be available. That way, you'd know that you're getting fresh stock.  It is a wonderful product, and I have not experienced any burning. It removes ALL my makeup easily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @HappyDaze
You're right about lots of laughter.  I've dug myself out of some pretty dark holes with humor.  We're on the same page about knowing how to have fun... reaping the most enjoyment out of life & not taking everything (including ourselves) too seriously.... knowing how to put fun in our days.. making them HappyDaze!  See?   YOUR nic reflects it, too. . Smiley Happy
Think we can convince suzyQ to change her nic to FunSuzy?? *wink*  BTW, what happened to our e-cons?
I hear you about sensitive eyes. What's odd is baby oil and jojoba is ok,  but oily formulas specifically made to remove eye make up burn my eyes.  It isn't oil, but  Lancome's Bi Facil (sounds like an alternative lifestyle choice.. lol) .. the one that everyone raves over makes my eyes feel like I've rubbed them with hot pepper sauce.. no joke..
I'm just thrilled to hear about an oil for eyes and face that isn't drying..  I'll be sitting with you, hands folded neatly in lap,  anxiously awaiting susieQ's/FunSuzy's review!

\

HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving first, beautiful picture, by the way! Smiley Happy Secondly, laughing and having fun is what I like to do the most and based on your nic, I think it is important to you as well, lol! Smiley Happy

Regarding the One love organics, I have sensitive eyes. Most facial cleansers sting and burn them and I can't even use baby oil to remove eye makeup because it makes my eyes blurry, lol. Anyway, the OLO cleansing oil is one of the few products that does not irritate my eyes. I use it all over my eye makeup and my eyes are often open and I've had not a single issue. And it removes all my eye makeup unless it is seriously waterproof, in which I use coconut oi. It is pricey but you only need a little and a bottle lasts awhile. I am just happy to have finally found something that actually removes all my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't dry my skin out! You can sometimes get it on sale at various sites like dermstore, beauty.com, etc but sometimes they coupon codes are excluded for the brand. I stock up when it is on sale and the coupon code works. I bought out dermstore's supply of the original version when they had a sale, lol. Okay not really but wish I did. Smiley Happy

I look forward to SuzyQ's review of the new formula because she's been using the original formula for awhile and will be able to make a really good comparison. And maybe it won't be any noticeable difference. Sometimes us ol' stuck-in-the-muds don't like change and just like to complain when things change even if it isn't a bad or significant/noticeable change. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW, totally OT...  suzyQ & HappyDaze... you'll see heart notifications from me pertaining to older posts and probably think What-the-heck?!  After seeing the G-R infomercial for IT Cosmetic's Bye Bye 3D Complex Foundation for the 1st time this morning, I pulled up fa search here.   As a result I ran across a thread clear back to mid January.  Yeah.  I know.  I'm WAAAAY behind the curve, . Anyway, wanted to say thanks for the laughs with your hilarious banter. over the steep price.. "the 3D technology...&  I need a drink" remark,.etc.  HA!  You ladies can get on a roll & sure trigger the 'ole funny bone.  Smiley Happy

@Funloving

Hi, Fun.

I'm not sure that you CAN get the new OLO formulation, unless you steal mine. Suzanne has a note on that product on her site saying the the product is currently unavailable.

If you're desperate and don't care to wait for the old formulation to reappear, you could buy the oil cleanser elsewhere. You of course would not know which one unless you compare the ingredients. They are still listed on her site, and they are the ingredients for the new formula that apparently was not popular with her fans.

She told me that because it was more "luxurious," it wasn't as easy for her customers who don't rinse it off with a cloth. (I always use a cloth).

You could contact her to see when it will be available. That way, you'd know that you're getting fresh stock.  It is a wonderful product, and I have not experienced any burning. It removes ALL my makeup easily.

Hi suzyQ..  if she's out of stock I'll just steal yours.  Easy deal. 

Seriously, I can call the owner and get more info...  when they expect new stock.  They may not be releasing the new formula again rather re-releasing the old formula....  ya think?

I'll call and find out.  Thanks for the heads up!

Edited to get rid of the illegible top of post & make the font more readable since my glasses are in the other room.  

If you want I'll let you know what I find out-- not that you or HappyDaze have a need for the product anytime in the near future.