Super Contributor
Has anyone tried? Will it remove makeup? My skin is so dry and irritated. I'm thinking honey might be a soothing, natural alternative.
Respected Contributor

Re: Washing face with raw honey

I would try organic coconut oil before I tried raw honey to cleanse or remove makeup.  I might do a raw honey mask, though, to try to soothe irritated skin.

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at Wed, Jan 4, 2017-2.52.32 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@StillRachB I just ordered some Raw Honey and during my research it mentioned using this as a face moiturizer, so I am interested in knowing the answer to this also.

They also mentioned Coconut Oil for all kinds of beauty regimens, just received my coconut oil so will soon be exploring some alternative options there also.

Honored Contributor

I think that you should try it and let is know how it works out.

Honored Contributor

Aloe vera gel works well for gentle removal of makeup. Put a dollop on a cotton ball and wipe away! Very soothing.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Honey will irritate your face if your skin is compromised in any way. I used it as a mask years ago and found it made my skin very red, but did a decent job of exfoliation. I was on an all natural, make it yourself kick for a while and found that although it cost must less than conventional product it did not do as good a job and was messy.

Super Contributor

I've heard that coconut oil is comedogenic....
Regular Contributor

I think I would try Ponds Cold Cream or a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin before I tried to use honey. 

I have also read that coconut oil is the worst thing you can use on your face because it will clog your pores immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kat 213 Thank you for mentioning the coconut oil, good to hear varing statements as I have read two articles stating that coconut oil is good for your face!