Super Contributor

Re: Washing face with raw honey

@ major shopper I typically use Purity every night. I love it! I just need a simple, gentle, soothing option while I recover from a bad reaction to other skincare.
Honored Contributor

I have been wondering about honey for a facial mask. I seem to recall it as an ingredient in some. I have some local honey & I need to find a use for it or give it away.

Super Contributor

Last night, I cleansed with Purity as usually and then slathered on JM Argan oil, including on my eyelids which were so itchy and swollen. It was soothing. My skin seems better today. I think I'll skip the honey for now.
Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I have been wondering about honey for a facial mask. I seem to recall it as an ingredient in some. I have some local honey & I need to find a use for it or give it away.

Q sells one -- Honey Potion by Farmacy. I got it because of the echinacea, which is a known firming ingredient, and of course, the honey, which is moisturizing. Really a nice mask, especially if you want a wake-up call for your skin for a special event.

Honored Contributor

I just heard them talking about a mask on Good Morning America. It uses oats, banana, and honey. I really need to try some of these soon. Or give my honey away!

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I just heard them talking about a mask on Good Morning America. It uses oats, banana, and honey. I really need to try some of these soon. Or give my honey away!

Sounds more like breakfast! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I made a mask that was avocado and raw honey to try a few weeks ago. It was so soothing and it left my skin feeling so soft and amazing. 

I buy honey from a local beekeeper and I eat a couple tbsp everyday. It's so good for you and has a lot of natural healing purposes. I love it with peanut butter on a sandwich also. 😊😍

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Honey will irritate your face if your skin is compromised in any way. I used it as a mask years ago and found it made my skin very red, but did a decent job of exfoliation. I was on an all natural, make it yourself kick for a while and found that although it cost must less than conventional product it did not do as good a job and was messy.

@blackhole99 raw honey and medicinal honey are very soothing to irritated skin.  They are used for burn treatment for this reason.  They soothe the sting of a burn and keep the skin moistened and protected.  And they can actually be more expensive than many conventional products!

For boo-boos too, if you're out of antibiotic cream.

Also delicious in tea, boosts your immune system, and doesn't go bad.

My fave:

Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Organic Raw Honey

glass jar (metallic gold honeycomb lid)

Great prices at Amazon, iHerb, and Vitacost.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 ~ I saw that too!  It wasn't a mask, but a scrub.  Apply it, massage it around on your face, and wash off.  It's ingredients I have in my pantry everyday, so am seriously considering it.   It wasn't any 'special' honey, just the jar of honey you'd buy at the grocery store in the little plastic bear. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt