Honored Contributor

Re: Washing face with raw honey

@StillRachB wrote:
I've heard that coconut oil is comedogenic....

I tried it and it clogged my pores like crazy and broke me out like nothing I've ever experienced in the past. I don't use it on my skin, despite the success others have had.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:
I've heard that coconut oil is comedogenic....

I tried it and it clogged my pores like crazy and broke me out like nothing I've ever experienced in the past. I don't use it on my skin, despite the success others have had.

at least you didn't attract bees!  just a little wednesday humor!!

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Honey will irritate your face if your skin is compromised in any way. I used it as a mask years ago and found it made my skin very red, but did a decent job of exfoliation. I was on an all natural, make it yourself kick for a while and found that although it cost must less than conventional product it did not do as good a job and was messy.

@blackhole99 raw honey and medicinal honey are very soothing to irritated skin.  They are used for burn treatment for this reason.  They soothe the sting of a burn and keep the skin moistened and protected.  And they can actually be more expensive than many conventional products!

Esteemed Contributor

OMG! I think that is so gross....I can't imagine putting actual honey on my face. More power to you if you like it!....but I'd never do that.

Trusted Contributor

Does that actually remove anything?  I think it'd be a bear to take off!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB

I use it after my cleanser -- it removes redness and restores moisture.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

My favorite is grape seed oil. Simple makes a great cleanser but you can just buy it plain 

I have very sensitive, intolerant skin and this works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried it, but it is not for removing makeup.  I use it in the morning to wash my face before I put makeup on.

I use coconut oil to remove my makeup at night (wipe it off with tissue) and then rinse with water.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@StillRachBIf you have any WEN you may want to try it to cleanse your skin. I am so sorry to hear that your skin is dry and irritated and I thought I would offer my suggestion.

I have been using Wen to cleanse my face (I do use Purity to remove my eye make-up) and have the softest and smoothest skin with this routine.

Best of luck with whatever you try. Dry, irritated skin is not only painful, it is also frustrating!!!  You may want to "patch test" any new product.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 that certainly may be true, but it made my skin red and sore.