Honored Contributor

Re: Was Nick Chavez's line ever as popular as WEN?

On 5/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Good point, however, how much air time do the brands you've listed get as compared to the WEN products?

I agree- the air time is definitely skewed but again, QVC is in business to sell so they are going to air brands that make the most money. Think of ALL the brands across all categories (beauty, clothes, shoes, jewlery, electronics, etc) on QVC that rarely, if ever get air time. Who gets the majority of air time? The brands that make the most money do-it just makes business sense, whether we, the customers, like it or not. Seriously, if WEN wasn't raking in the $$$, they wouldn't be on as much. Same with all the other brands QVC shows ad nauseam.

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 HappyDaze said:

Good point, however, how much air time do the brands you've listed get as compared to the WEN products?

I agree- the air time is definitely skewed but again, QVC is in business to sell so they are going to air brands that make the most money. Think of ALL the brands across all categories (beauty, clothes, shoes, jewlery, electronics, etc) on QVC that rarely, if ever get air time. Who gets the majority of air time? The brands that make the most money do-it just makes business sense, whether we, the customers, like it or not. Seriously, if WEN wasn't raking in the $$$, they wouldn't be on as much. Same with all the other brands QVC shows ad nauseam.

How many of the other hair care brands have had a TSV in the last year? two years? That's all I'm saying, there used to be more variety with TSVs in hair care (not counting tools and gadgets). Obviously, if Other brands made money, the Q would air them.

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I don't think he was as popular as Wen, but he was very, very popular, and on constantly! I like and use Wen, but I really, really, really wish QVC would have more variety in their hair care. I used to love the line by Michael DiCesare when he was on the Q, and Ojon.

I guess I don't get this because they DO have variety:

Living Proof

Dry Bar

Phyto

Philosophy

Lea Journo

Alterna

Nick Chavez (even has shampoo and conditioner apparently!)

Keranique

Jonathan products

Erbario

L'occitaine

OOkisa

KeratinPerfect

Dr. Denese

Peter Thomas Roth

Josie Maran

Agave

And there may be more..got tired of looking. That is a decent amount of variety.

Exactly, and Jonathan has moved to Shophq and I can't tell you the last time Lea Journo was on air..... A lot of those mentioned may have lines on QVC, but they are hardly ever on so the exposure is not there!!!!! Living Proof used to be a lot more in the past as well.......

Honored Contributor

yes, and as I said, QVC will give air time for those that bring in the $$. It is just business, not a personal affront to those who use other brands.

It isn't like if they air some of the other brands more, you all would buy those other brands. If you are going to buy it, you will buy it regardless if it is onair alot or a little. Just like WEN- if you don't like WEN, you aren't going to buy it just because it is onair more often. If more people bought some of the other lines, I guarantee QVC would start airing those lines more.

Super Contributor

He was very popular and had shows every month as many of his products were sold out. Qvc back then didn't shove vendors or products down your throat with constAnt repetitive shows. Nick still has a very loyal following.
Respected Contributor

My point was primarily to point out that not all QVC shoppers take the time & effort to search the site for all the hair care products offered. So the occasional comment about wishing Q offered more hair care (or whatever) products is really saying they wish Q would present a greater variety on air.

Respected Contributor

Yes, these things come and go (I'm ready for Wen to go), but I don't think Nick Chavez was as popular as Ojon or Wen, although personally I've probably purchased more Nick Chavez products than any other hair line at Q. Another product that had a very enthusiastic following was Bare Escentuals.

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I don't think he was as popular as Wen, but he was very, very popular, and on constantly! I like and use Wen, but I really, really, really wish QVC would have more variety in their hair care. I used to love the line by Michael DiCesare when he was on the Q, and Ojon.

I guess I don't get this because they DO have variety:

Living Proof

Dry Bar

Phyto

Philosophy

Lea Journo

Alterna

Nick Chavez (even has shampoo and conditioner apparently!)

Keranique

Jonathan products

Erbario

L'occitaine

OOkisa

KeratinPerfect

Dr. Denese

Peter Thomas Roth

Josie Maran

Agave

And there may be more..got tired of looking. That is a decent amount of variety.

I'm pretty sure QVC assigns air time based on sale numbers. WEN sells (watch any show; OTOs and TSVs generally sell out, and sometimes very quickly). The other guy obviously doesn't. I'm fairly certain it's the same reason Isaac is on a lot, too.

Respected Contributor

My point was primarily to point out that not all QVC shoppers take the time & effort to search the site for all the hair care products offered. So the occasional comment about wishing Q offered more hair care (or whatever) products is really saying they wish Q would present a greater variety on air.

Yes that's what I meant in my comment. The benefit on the Q is seeing up to date presentations. Otherwise I can shop other sites like Amazon for example and often pay less for the same thing.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed Nick's presentations and absolutely loved the fact he used models that were realistic.

He styled gray hair, men's hair, dried out blonde hair. You name it. I still buy his products. I made the trek to Ulta today and picked up a few!

I've never tried Wen, no interest.

This is my only "social media" so a product being "all over it"...I'd still be clueless. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}