Contributor

Re: Was Nick Chavez's line ever as popular as WEN?

I've been a QVC customer since 1989 so I've seen a lot of vendors come and go. Nick used to be on a lot and had a variety of shampoos and conditioners etc. He presented quality products. I still use a brush that came in a kit from 1998. If I lost that brush, I don't know what I would do!! I look at brushes in the stores all the time, but can't find one that compares. Susan Lucci also had a line of hair care products that were really nice. she went to HSN. Really wish QVC would offer a more diversified selection. Wen isn't for everyone.

Super Contributor

I don't think he was as popular as Wen, but he was very, very popular, and on constantly! I like and use Wen, but I really, really, really wish QVC would have more variety in their hair care. I used to love the line by Michael DiCesare when he was on the Q, and Ojon.

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I don't think he was as popular as Wen, but he was very, very popular, and on constantly! I like and use Wen, but I really, really, really wish QVC would have more variety in their hair care. I used to love the line by Michael DiCesare when he was on the Q, and Ojon.

I guess I don't get this because they DO have variety:

Living Proof

Dry Bar

Phyto

Philosophy

Lea Journo

Alterna

Nick Chavez (even has shampoo and conditioner apparently!)

Keranique

Jonathan products

Erbario

L'occitaine

OOkisa

KeratinPerfect

Dr. Denese

Peter Thomas Roth

Josie Maran

Agave

And there may be more..got tired of looking. That is a decent amount of variety.

Respected Contributor

Don't know if it was as popular but I don't watch as much because they've gradually dropped the variety in every category (not only hair care). Too much like days of long infomercials on the same brand. The almighty dollar is the bottom line. Products with the biggest profit margin win out imho. Gone is variety.Smiley Sad

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Regular Contributor

Nick was popular. As others have mention, we didn't have the various forums and Social Media like we do now. When Nick was popular, he didn't live at QVC like Chaz and so many of the others vendors do now. He would have about 4 visits a year and have 3-4 shows and a couple hits per visit. Chaz's asst. Cooper posted on facebook that Chaz was on air 68 times in June last year, either will full shows or hits.

Frequent Contributor

ive used both....been through the wen phase.....i still use it but i mix it......chavez is better ...........................and his hair spray cant be beaten...it is all i ever use...................

Honored Contributor

My thoughts:

I remember watching a few of Nicks shows a LONG time ago and wasn't impressed; for whatever reason his personality didn't "work" for me. Still, I ordered a set that included his "Flicker" item. All I can tell you is that was the biggest piece of junk for my hair I have EVER used. Tossed it in the garbage and never paid attention to him since. Also, other than QVC, I've never seen his stuff anywhere.

Which brings me to this: Chazs' personality and exposure of product. In my opinion, these two things are necessary to sell a product. If the presenter stinks, no one will watch or buy. If you don't see it and hear about it, you won't know about it. Cha.z did/does a GREAT job with both these things. The money rolls in, there ya go.

OOPS Meant to say "Flocker".

Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 5/23/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I guess I don't get this because they DO have variety:

Living Proof

Dry Bar

Phyto

Philosophy

Lea Journo

Alterna

Nick Chavez (even has shampoo and conditioner apparently!)

Keranique

Jonathan products

Erbario

L'occitaine

OOkisa

KeratinPerfect

Dr. Denese

Peter Thomas Roth

Josie Maran

Agave

And there may be more..got tired of looking. That is a decent amount of variety.

Good point, however, how much air time do the brands you've listed get as compared to the WEN products?

Contributor

I liked all of Nick Chavez's products....I still get his hairspray on auto delivery! Wish he had more presence on the Q.
Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 sahmIam said:

My thoughts:

I remember watching a few of Nicks shows a LONG time ago and wasn't impressed; for whatever reason his personality didn't "work" for me. Still, I ordered a set that included his "Flicker" item. All I can tell you is that was the biggest piece of junk for my hair I have EVER used. Tossed it in the garbage and never paid attention to him since. Also, other than QVC, I've never seen his stuff anywhere.

Which brings me to this: Chazs' personality and exposure of product. In my opinion, these two things are necessary to sell a product. If the presenter stinks, no one will watch or buy. If you don't see it and hear about it, you won't know about it. Cha.z did/does a GREAT job with both these things. The money rolls in, there ya go.

I think you mean his Flocker products. It's only to be expected that not all products work equally as well with all people. I used the Soft Flocker & it works great for me. Also, Nick Chavez' products are sold at Ulta. I think he also has his own website for ordering. I haven't looked for it anywhere else since there's an Ulta store a few blocks from my home.