Respected Contributor

Re: Wanted to share a success story of healing a burn on my face

Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lavender essential oil is an excellent healing oil.  Years ago my Siamese cat had some hair taken away and some of inflammation.  I immediately got out the lavender essential oil and a base oil and rubbed it on her.  It healed up in a few days.  She was an indoor cat so I am not sure how that happened.  Glad you are okay and healed.  Take care and be careful.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Last Friday morning I was using a new hair appliance and dropped it- on my FACE.  #%@^@$   I literally heard it sizzle.

I ended up with a burn about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long starting on the check bone and running down my face.

I am happy to report as of yesterday morning (Tuesday) it looks as good as new. 

Right after the burn I put a wash cloth with cold water on it and therapeutic grade lavender essential oil.

Every day- SEVERAL times a day (at least 4) I put a little Fresh Seaberry oil and a drop of lavender EO on the area.

It went from a ugly brown hard area to healed skin in a very short amount of time (3 days).  My husband and my friend who is a nurse were concerned it was going to leave a scar.

Now that the scab is off and I keeping extra sunscreen on the area so it does not hyper-pigment.

Fresh Seaberry Face oil has got to be one of my Holy Grail products, I always have a bottle in the beauty drawer.  It is really superior to a lot of my other beauty oils when it comes to hydration, protection and healing.

I hope with helps someone else who is a clumsy as me.

@Abrowneyegirl  Glad  to hear you’re ok. I’ve never heard of seaberry oil. Where can it be purchased? Online, drugstore?

Respected Contributor

@Lisa Y   The Fresh Seaberry oil I bought at Nordstrom.

My pure Sea buckthorn oil is from Rose Mountain Herbs.

Trusted Contributor

That's great to know.  I always learn something on these boards.  Thanks for passing this along and keeping us informed.

Honored Contributor

I did the same thing several years ago.  I burned a spot on my forehead using a curling iron.  To help heal it up and keep a scar from forming, I used aloe vera gel that I purchased on Amazon....day & night!  I used it often & lots of it!

Once it healed I was surprised and thrilled that there was no mark at all!!

Valued Contributor

I've had luck using Copper Peptides. I read that copper heals and prevents scars. It has worked for me on a few really bad burns. Also works well on cuts.

Respected Contributor

Keep massaging it with the oil of your choice so it it won't scar.  Years ago a plastic/cosmetic surgeon told me it's the massage that helps - not the type of oil.  Massage breaks down the scar tissue.  

Last summer I was burned from just-poured McDonald's coffee - bad burn on my inside left arm from wrist halfway to elbow.  After it healed I massaged a few times a day - it was totally gone in a short time.