Honored Contributor

Re: Wanted: Luminous light foundation or face product for every day wear

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I decided that with the virus thing and not wearing any makeup lately, I am in need of a nice new facial makeup to wear every day just to make myself feel and look better!

I can't wear anything on my face with fragrance, so I am asking for recommendations for fragrance free, please!  

I want just a nice, light foundation or makeup product of some kind that I can just dash on quickly each morning -- something which will make my skin look more luminous, and have more life, without any bother.  Just give the skin a bit of coverage and a better all over look!

I am 67, very few lines, normal skin, very, very sensitive.

Just want to be able to get up in the morning after doing morning essentials and dash this product on and then look in the mirror and think -- yes, this is better!  I look more refreshed and bit more civilized!  LOL!

Thank you so much! 

@AngelPuppy1   I'd recommend after spf, a tinted moisturizer. Most makeup lines have them. The best I've seen with adequate shade selection are Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown and Bare Minerals. The other alternative, I use often, is to take your reg. foundation & mix w/ your moisturizer to make a more sheer coverage finish AND you already know the shade is correct. That's a big plus. No hit or miss.

Occasional Contributor

I have very dry sensitive skin.  I have been using  IT CC illumination with SPF .  Regular tube lasts a long time with daily application.  I wear the Light shade year round.

Important to look good even if just for your own morale.

Respected Contributor

LumiMatte Blurring Finishing & Setting Powder

I have used and loved this brand in nail polish. So I decided to try their make-up. I ordered from their website. I'm pleased with this powder.

Respected Contributor

I use Lancome Regenerist foundation,  it's a natural luminous look...has some spf too.   Very easy application,  very natural and doesn't settle in lines.  Lasts a very long time, I use very little.   Many shades to choose from. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for these great recommendatons and suggestions!  I have written each one  done and am going to look them all up!  I am excited about this!  I have been looking and feeling so blah --- and I am hoping this will give me a little pick me up!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thank you all for these great recommendatons and suggestions!  I have written each one  done and am going to look them all up!  I am excited about this!  I have been looking and feeling so blah --- and I am hoping this will give me a little pick me up!!!! 

@AngelPuppy1  - Do let us know what product you choose and how it works for you.   Take care.

Honored Contributor

Giorgio Armani makes a luminous foundation that is fabulous! It is so light, you don't even know you have anything on, but gives a nice luminous look to your skin..It is rather pricey, but lasts a long time and it is truly one of the best foundations I have ever tried! It is called Luminous Silk......

Frequent Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

You have received lots of good product recommendations. I have one more for you. Clinique City Block is great! It is a tinted sunscreen. It comes out white from the tube, but as you rub it in it morphs to your skin tone. It works for me and I am Snow White fair. My sister is more of a medium skin tone and it works for her too. Clinique does a good job for anyone with sensitive skin. I haven't worn my foundation for quite a while. I do wear CityBlock daily as my sunscreen. It gives my skin a more polished look due to the tint. I just slap it on and go! HTH 

Respected Contributor

I am a foundation junkie and of course have to try everything that I see. I just ordered Skinn DWP Foundation for the first time. Even though it has been around for awhile. It arrived yesterday and tried this morning. It's very light but gives a pretty glow to the skin. My skin is dry but this would work well for normal skin also. It comes with the concealer in the top of the container. I will say that I was expecting a bigger opening in the foundation section. It is rather small and the spatula pulls out a small amount. It set very well on my face. I am a light medium skintone and ordered the medium rich. Thought that I would want that for the summer months. It is a beautiful shade and not yellow based. Another favorite of mine that I go back to quite often is Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiace Foundation. This really is a beautiful foundation that can be sheered out with a BB or for more coverage I used a brush. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Yes, I will!  Thank you!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin