Honored Contributor

Wanted: Fragrance free facial mask for moisturizing

Anyone have any suggestions for this?  I feel like I need a nice mask to give my skin an additional dose of moisture.  A long time ago I had one I really liked and wrote it down but of course I lost the name of it!

Thanks so much! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wanted: Fragrance free facial mask for moisturizing

Aloe vera gel w/ no additives + a facial oil -- rose hip, argan, etc., or your own concoction of oils. Just apply a little thicker than you normally would. Don't wash off. Use a very warm cloth to press in, then you can follow up with your normal skin care things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you!  I have used aloe vera gel on my face to moisturize but it didn't seem to do much.  I don't know anything about oils  -- or which ones to use on a sensitive kin.  I thank you for your suggestions.  

Yesterday I looked in a couple of drugstore and there were a ton of those little single packet things.  Some said they were for sensitive skins but then after I read the ingredients they had questionable things in them -- at least to me they were -- as I was uncertain whether I would have a reaction.  Some had fragrance and I was like -- no thanks.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I can't relate to sensitive skin. But jojoba oil immediately came to mind. Other suggestions I have seen: camelia oil, rose hip seed, black seed, olive oil (from DHC) tamanu (which I get from Wegman's), chia to name a few.

Try one oil at a time, though, if your skin is reactive. Put on a nice thick layer and keep it on for a while before pressing it in.

Maybe someone else can suggest something further!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

I can't relate to sensitive skin. But jojoba oil immediately came to mind. Other suggestions I have seen: camelia oil, rose hip seed, black seed, olive oil (from DHC) tamanu (which I get from Wegman's), chia to name a few.

Try one oil at a time, though, if your skin is reactive. Put on a nice thick layer and keep it on for a while before pressing it in.

Maybe someone else can suggest something further!

@Harpa 

Thank you kindly!  You're very helpful to suggest these things! 

Respected Contributor

SKIN RECOVERY Hydrating Treatment Mask

Super Contributor

I second the Paula's Choice mask. I also like dermalogica's hydrating mask and ARCONA wine mask (they use natural fragrance in their formulas so it's not unscented per se). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   AYSWE unscented facial mask moisturizing at Amazon.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for these great suggestions!!!  I am looking forward to checking these things out!  

Esteemed Contributor

I've had good results with DrDenese skincare products. She has a mask. Essecntial Lipids Treatment Mask. It has some honey in it. I'm allergic to just about everything but not honey. I also am super senstive to scents. I can use this and I see results. Hope it works for you as well.