Honored Contributor

Wanted: Drugstore Mascara with a really thick formula!

I would like recommendations for a drugstore mascara which has a thick formula --- I am   lazy and want to only use one coat!  A mascara which makes the lashes look fuller without flaking! And a brush which is not overly large.  I have a hard time handling a wand which is really big!  Thanks so much!  Oh, and I'd rather not have waterproof --- too hard to get off!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
QVC Customer Care

Re: Wanted: Drugstore Mascara with a really thick formula!

Trusted Contributor

Great Lash...
Honored Contributor

This Almay is pretty good mascara for less than $5 and the brush is not that big either. It does only take one coat but I like to put on two Woman Very Happy

41Ea+pAkDCL.jpg

8_4_1_2_818048.JPG

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, that was going to be my suggestion too. But like you, I do use 2 coats.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Great Lash...

@NativeJax

Is this Maybelline -- the one in the pink tube?  If so, I used to use it a long time ago.  I had forgotten it.  I think a lot of beauty experts really like this.  Thanks for the reminder!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This Almay is pretty good mascara for less than $5 and the brush is not that big either. It does only take one coat but I like to put on two Woman Very Happy

41Ea+pAkDCL.jpg

8_4_1_2_818048.JPG

@SilleeMee

This looks great!  And I do like Almay products.  The brush looks really good, tapered, to!  Thanks for this product tip!! 

Trusted Contributor

Yes great lash is Maybelline it's in a pink tube with a lime green top
Respected Contributor

I ordered 2 of the Essence brand from Ulta and I'm really liking them. I think they're like $3-4 each. Both tubes are black and one has mint green lettering and one is a bright pink writing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've read lots of recommendations for L'Oreal's Voluminous, but haven't used it myself.

I use something called Instant Lash by NYC that seems to be thick, is not waterproof, and I definitely use only one coat and I'm happy with it. It was $1.00 a tube at Walmart last time I bought it.

Edited to add that it has the old-fashioned wand with bristles of the same length, not like the Almay wand pictured above.

Also, elf has very INexpensive mascaras, $1 to $3, I think, which are available in supermarkets and drugstores and fromtheir website and may be worth a try.