Esteemed Contributor

Re: Want to look 5 to 10 years younger??

I know many women look amzing with bangs, but for me they are the most unflattering thing I could ever inflict on my face.  

Respected Contributor

The older I get, the less I want to "fuss" with anything...and bangs were a major "fussing" thing for me. IF I could get them to look right, the slightest breeze in my face would completely ruin them, and if I couldn't get to a mirror to fix them they would be all separated and have big gaps in them. I put up with this for years, then grew them out about 4 years ago...never looked back! At 62, I have a couple of fine lines in my forehead, but that's OK. I also think my face looks slimmer without bangs.

I love the look of bangs on a lot of other women, they're just not for me.

Honored Contributor

I think I've had bangs since high school ... I graduated in 1960 ... so that makes it 57 years of bangs  

Maybe that's why people think I'm only in my mid-60s.    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@queendiva...so...they don't look good on me?

Woman Happy @SurferWife!  I think, youe bangs look great on you!  Your entire hair style frames you face perfectly well, and shows off your personality too.

By the way, in Vidal Sasoon Academy of Beauty, they do not say a word "bangs" - it's forbidden! They only say - "Fringe". Cat Happy

Thanks @sonechko!  I was really just being a smarta$$ in my reply.  I can tell what hairstyles look good or bad on me.  After all these years, I've finally realized that shorter styles suit me better than long hair.  After seeing the great results I got with WEN I thought I'd try to grow out my curls viva la Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman...um...NO!  I got it whacked just as it hit my shoulders.  Ha! Ha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@Perkup. Reminds me that mom always said only bad Girls wear ankle bracelets. And I think of that every time I see one. Lol

I think in my time growing up that was the perception of ankle bracelets.  My DH always said he didn't like them too.  I have never worn one or had the desire to do so. 

Honored Contributor

Even as a young girl I never wore bangs--at least not a full bang.  For years now I've worn  a side bang.  If it gets pushed back I look totally different and I don't like the look.  I pull them back down on my forehead. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@TY,  I agree that Dakota looks better with bangs.  She is her mother and father all balled up in one.  Cat Very Happy

Better with bangs.  Pretty girl.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn bangs for a number of years and probably never will again.  I am 73, have long silver hair and glasses.  The glasses would look horrible with bangs and cutting almost a third of my face away (covered by bangs) only makes me look older.  Btw, I have almost no wrinkles on my forehead.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee,  You made me think of my First Communion day.  Short bangs across the forehead and then my mother placed rollers vertically in my hair and I had these locks hanging vertically (I hated it).  Hated the length of the bangs too.  omg!   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength