Trusted Contributor

Want to apply self tanner-----have no mitt?

I just bought some self tanning mousse, and I wasn't even thinking I need a mitt to apply it.  I also don't have a kabuki brush.

Any thoughts on what I can use to apply it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Want to apply self tanner-----have no mitt?

I would think they would have included one. 

Honored Contributor

plastic lunch bag?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Mix it with your body lotion. I always do that. Put some of your lotion in your hand, squirt your self-tanner on top of it, mix it up in your hands, and then apply like body lotion. It's much more subtle, but it should hold you until you buy a mitt. Wash your hands with soap and water when you're done.

Honored Contributor

Last time I did it just hands then washed them 

Respected Contributor

I mix some with my moisturizer and apply with my hands. i have a mitt that i dont use!

Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

I just bought some self tanning mousse, and I wasn't even thinking I need a mitt to apply it.  I also don't have a kabuki brush.

Any thoughts on what I can use to apply it?

I never use the mitts or brushes  that come with my self tanner. I bought a box of blue surgical gloves from WMart and find these work best for me. I continue using the same glove until it starts to tear and that’s all I’ve ever used for application.  I always felt that the mitts absorbed some of my self tanner and did not like wasting it. The gloves work for me. 

Honored Contributor

It's best to apply foam self tanners with a mitt. You can use a disposable latex or vinyl glove but that might be streaky. Get a mitt! One with a thumb on it...that makes it easy to keep the mitt stable on your hand. I just bought one from Amazon like this and it's the best I have used so far. It has a thumb and also an elastic cuff to keep it from slipping off.

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

Go to Sallys and get gloves that hairdressers use to apply hair color.

Frequent Contributor

I to agree with using a mitt, it is a must for foam self tanners. I used a surgical glove once when I was out of town and forgot my mitt, but it did not go on very even and it took longer to apply.