Trusted Contributor

Re: Want skincare line suggestions

I would recommend Isomers glutythisome, ceramide pro, super skin and forever youth cream.  Those are my personal favorites, but I also really like the advanced recovery serum and cream.  I just started using the Retiniacin and I must say I have never been able to use anything like that before without a reaction. During the day I use Skinn Cosmetics DWP and radiance cream, but at night, Isomers. I would definitely contact Isomer's CS - they are very good at telling you what you need and putting together a regimen for you.  They will also tell you what you do NOT need to buy which I appreciate.  I agree there are way too many products out there and everything is $$$.  I do find I get the best results by switching it up depending upon my skin's needs on any given day.  

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

ASDM, it works and it's inexpensive, I also like a lot Skinn's products!

Candlequeen, which ASDM products do you use? I had not heard of this line.

Honored Contributor

I use their Hyularonic  Serum, it is wonderful, their Caffeine eye cream, Their Pure Pores serum, their other eye cream, I believer they only have two. I will look at home and post to you again for the exact names. I really like this line, and they have specials and their items are so reasonably priced......My husband uses a few of thei products as well.....Plus free shipping over 35.00. which is not very hard to do!

Honored Contributor

Hi Marybellea,

Ok went on their site and here are the products I curently use:

Coenzyme Q10

jUICY fRUIT cREAM(HUBBY USES AND LOVES)

pURE pEPTIDES sERUM(LOVE THIS)

aGE rEVERSING eYE cREAM

dOUBLE cAFFEINE eYE cREAM

Valued Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to list the products, Candlequeen!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

I switched to the Skin Medica line that was recommended to me by the Skin Clinic that I go to for my dermabrasions. You can find it on-line at The Derm Store. They have the  higher percentages retinol, AHA etc. Made a huge difference for me. The caveat however, is you MUST use sunscreen if you use these. You should anyway, but  I am always amazed at those who do not.

@Jacie I'm just curious - higher percentages?  Higher than what?  What are the percentages?  

Respected Contributor

@Bella Carro

I am referring to a higher percent of AHA or Retinols in the products compared to a purchase from say Target or even QVC ( I think there are some lines at QVC have stronger products...Pericone, Denese?) Some have 15% to 25% of the active ingredients vs. say 5%.

Anyway, the analogy I would use that seems closet is that it is the difference between a prescription strength product and one you could purchase yourself off the shelf. Even though you could just buy Skin Medica from anywhere, the instructions are not nearly as simple as opening a jar and putting it on. The products are stronger, should be used sparingly in some cases, and sometimes they need to be used every other day vs. daily. In my case I have an everyother day regiment based on my sensitive skin needs, specific areas I want to address and a cost factor as well. These products, while effective, can be spendy.

Hope that helps

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Bella Carro

I am referring to a higher percent of AHA or Retinols in the products compared to a purchase from say Target or even QVC ( I think there are some lines at QVC have stronger products...Pericone, Denese?) Some have 15% to 25% of the active ingredients vs. say 5%.

Anyway, the analogy I would use that seems closet is that it is the difference between a prescription strength product and one you could purchase yourself off the shelf. Even though you could just buy Skin Medica from anywhere, the instructions are not nearly as simple as opening a jar and putting it on. The products are stronger, should be used sparingly in some cases, and sometimes they need to be used every other day vs. daily. In my case I have an everyother day regiment based on my sensitive skin needs, specific areas I want to address and a cost factor as well. These products, while effective, can be spendy.

Hope that helps

@JacieWhich ingredients are you targeting?  Wouldn't you be better off using prescription Retin A at a low dose rather than a pricey, less effective retinol?  Certainly, you're not referring to 25% AHA?

Esteemed Contributor

Marybella, there are a lot of good serums and moisturizers around, but not a single one of them will perform the miracle of lifting sagging skin.  If you aren't on board with seeking a more drastic method to lift your skin in the meantime I think you can keep your skin looking well enough with MAsam's Vino Lift moisturizer and serum.  MAsam is sold by HSN.  

If you prefer a QVC sugestion I would recommend Dr. Denese.  Other brands you can buy a lot of places which I think you might be pleased with are: Vichy Labs Lift Activ moisturizer and serum; Ole Henriksen's Ultimate Lift line; and Peter Thomas Roth's Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Creme (PTR Firmx may appeal to you too).  

Respected Contributor

@Bella Carro

Not targeted ingredients, targeting specific problems, i.e. fine lines, rosecea etc. The AHA cream I use is 15% so as I say this line and it's use was precribed to me by the skin clinic run by my dermatologist. So it's not for everyone. I just got amazing results, more than anything else I have ever used. I guess that since I have found something that really worked for me, I don't balk at the cost anymore. I was spending so much on products that didn't deliver anyway!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield