Honored Contributor

I am loving loving two products -- the Wanderlust powder foundation and the dual illuminating concealer.

I have not been watching the Beauty IQ channel very much, but I did DVR the Wander Beauty show last night.

I was hoping to pick up some tips from Lindsay Ellingson.

Here we have a new line of products!

The co-founder is presenting and showing.

Lindsay EllingSON is (past) a Victoria Trade Secret model and she has fabulous -- wait for it-- eyebrows! Who blasts in with "drivel-talk" right in the middle of her instruction on brows?

The host!

Also, the camera went to host too. (Preventing Lindsay's brow work from being seen.) 😐

Some of us might like to LEARN -- especially from a person who has had the benefit of experts all over the world.

My brows need help and preferably from this person.

Maybe the Q would benefit in its Beauty presentations from being QUIET during presentations from experts.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1, I love Wander brow pencils: I also like Mac, but the shades in Wander are easy to select. What makes the pencils loveable, is the point is fine and just the right texture so if you are missing a few hairs, with tiny strokes, you just draw them in.

I love MU, but Wander taught me how to quickly achieve the Parisian look quickly. I love her puppies that double as blush: they are wearable beautiful colors.

Her mascara does not clump: it separates lashes and lengthens.

I like her Foundation stick: you don't need much-but I will check out her powder foundation.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@LTT1, I love Wander brow pencils: I also like Mac, but the shades in Wander are easy to select. What makes the pencils loveable, is the point is fine and just the right texture so if you are missing a few hairs, with tiny strokes, you just draw them in.

I love MU, but Wander taught me how to quickly achieve the Parisian look quickly. I love her puppies that double as blush: they are wearable beautiful colors.

Her mascara does not clump: it separates lashes and lengthens.

I like her Foundation stick: you don't need much-but I will check out her powder foundation.

Poodlepet2

lol Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I really like the liquid eyeshadows, especially the lilac luster.

I am not a fan of the stick foundation. I actually returned it. It looked a bit dry on, which is odd for a cream stick foundation and one that has coconut oil in it. 

I think I might try the eyebrow pencils as they do get good reviews and mine are getting so light now, I thought maybe this might make them a little darker. But still not sure yet if I truly need it and ones I've tried in the past always turn a weird grayish brown or reddish brown and my eyebrows are not those colors and it looks funny with my skintone. A truly natural color is what I want. 

The mascara was nice but not any better than the ones I am already using, which are much cheaper than Wander's so I won't repurchase on its' own but wouldn't mind if it came in a set I wanted. 

At some point I might try the powder foundation although I've heard they run a bit on the yellow side and I hate that. I do want to try the lipgloss. There was a One day only set I really wanted but it sold out too quickly. 

But if your post is more to complain about the interruption of the hosts, you might want to put this post under the Suggestion box so it would get more views from the actual mods and maybe they can pass it along. However, we often complain about the constant interruption of the hosts and beg them to let vendors talk more to give tips and tricks and it rarely ever changes, sadly. 

Esteemed Contributor

My biggest complaint about Q Beauty presentations has to do with the demos.  A model may have a full face of makeup then show us how to touch up rather than starting from a blank palette.  As you mentioned @LTT1, I also want to see the full demo.  When they actually do a demo, often much of the camera is focused on other things besides the demo.  Then there's the skincare product that's going to target fine lines, but the model has no fine lines.  Also, the product videos need tweaking.  I often sit a few minutes watching an online product video before actually seeing the product on a model then there's no guarantee there will be a demo.  Overall, I think the host and vendor should talk more off camera while the focus should be on the product.  

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

Thank you for your response-- I am going to look up the blush... would love pretty colors and easy to use.

Will also order the brow pencil... loss of brow hair in the last two years has been a problem for me and brows are "in" right now. I need practice or help of some kind!

Would love to try the stick foundation some time too.

I am the Queen of non-matchable foundations and concealers.

The Wanderlust powder foundation is not yellow on me ... a FIRST. (Had a beautiful Clinique liquid foundation discontinued 15 years ago) and this rivals that. My English pale paleness, inherited from my grandmother, is pink porcelain. I was told by a company that "alabaster" tones are more readily available in Europe because in the US we favor tan complexions instead. (?) So yellows (IT/Tarte) turn me muddy. MAC breaks me out. Clinique doesn't match...

I would be open to trying the mascara too, but I am happy that the eyes tolerate Mally so well.

@HappyDaze

Thank you... I might re-post to suggestions.

Now that I think about it, my post goals were two-fold. One the complaint. Two hoping for input about the other Wander items and I am so happy that some have tried these and responded!!! 

@wildcat fan

I agree that I can't properly see up close enough fine line treatments and colors, etc.

The vendor for Wander has more my coloring (oh yes, I look so much like her lol) but it is nice to see someone in my color range demonstrating.  Of course, the products sell better with a wider age range and complexion range of models.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1, I typed in "lippies"....but if she has puppies, I know I would love them!

Brows are in: I love Wander, but Benefit has a great pencil that's easy to use, but more intense. From the way you describe yourself, if you must choose, go with Wander.

On the foundation front, consider Charlotte Tillbury....I am sure she has lots of English Roses! I use her Foundation with a yellow undertone because I have rosy broken capillaries, but she makes foundations without yellow. She has one of the best on-line guides for finding your color, and you can get samples....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Wander Beauty

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2
Thank you for the suggestion.
Seriously, I have tried every high end foundation. My rosacea, which "Wandered" (lol) into my eyes recently, was so bad.
Now it is under control and I have found my shades. I am allergic to talc; this has no talc.

I applied it just a moment ago and I'm so grateful for the immediate ease of coverage. One swipe and I'm done!

I will keep your suggestion ... oh and I have tried Jane Iredale too... again thanks!

Honored Contributor

Tell me that Wander has nothing to do with C. Wonder.  I can't keep up with all the new cosmetic companies and skincare companies.  Yes, some models, like Josie, took advantage of her celebrity and started a business.  Actually, models that do it are smart, young women.  They can set up the business and then sell it for tons of money and just appear for the cosmetic line.  That's what most of them do but they don't have all the worries of running a company anymore. HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Wander vs WOnder -- no relation!