Super Contributor
I started getting this a few months ago. The first box had a full sized hair care product, a lip gloss and samples. Definitely worth $5.00. The second box had a lip gloss and samples. Probably worth $5.00. The price was raised to $7.00. The new box is only samples-mostly packets, and a bunch of hair scrunchies I will never use. The card which came in the box had products which I didn't get. Am I supposed to or do you get only some of the products? Even though it's cheap, I don't think the samples are very useful. Lots of masks and calming powders!
Honored Contributor

Bait and switch. 

Honored Contributor

I never order something when the item is unknown.  I can easily get into "trouble" entirely alone.

Honored Contributor

I subscribe to BoxyCharm and the first 2 months my boxes were worth right around $200.00 and the box costs $25.00.  Then the next month it was under $115.00 then around $130.00.  Still good deals for the $25.00 but I noticed a lot of complaints on social media about them giving repeat products over and over.  So far I've not experienced exact duplicates but last month and this month I received a setting spray. Almost every month there is an eyeshadow palette, one of which was totally not usable for me.  I

That's a bummer. That happened to me with Ipsy.  Everything I got were travel/sample sizes or things in colors I'd never use.  I don't think they looked at the questionnaire I filled out at all.

Super Contributor

@autumnnj  I haven't gotten this box yet. If I remember the card shows all the items that were available in the different boxes. Some boxes contain different items. I usually like one or two of the items and not the rest. If Idon't love this one it will be my last. 

Super Contributor
Thanks everyone. I wish QVC would being back their beauty boxes, you knew exactly what you were getting!
Super Contributor
I just checked, it looks like they have beauty boxes again!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Walmart Beauty Box?

[ Edited ]

I'm signed up for the Walmart box, too.

I've been signed up with the program for about a year now. 

You fill out the questionnaire that's on the website, and then they try and match your samples with your answers as closely as possible so that they send you products that you'll use.

I recently received an e-mail notice from them stating that the price of the box was going to go up a bit, but that we would also be receiving more items in the box, too.

I am also supposed to receive a box around now, but haven't received it yet. 

When I get it, I'll post what I get in my box.

The small card that comes in the box that shows the products is just an indicator of the products that are available for everyone in that season's box.

We all will get some of those products, but not all of them.

For example, I might get a small sample-sized toothpaste tube as one of my sample options, and you might get a small sample-sized tube of hand cream instead, as one of your choices. We both might get the same face mask.

They will substitute an item with something else if they run out of a particular item, but they let you know that they made a substitution.

Personally, I have been enjoying the products that I have been receiving in my boxes so far.

I think that I have been getting at least 5 or 6 items, with at least one of them being a full-sized item.

Respected Contributor

I signed up for Walmart beauty box a few years ago.  After one year of beauty box, the next year the products started to get repetitive. (I started getting many of the same products). So, I cancelled it.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Walmart Beauty Box?

[ Edited ]

I received my Walmart Beauty box today, and wanted to share with all of you what I received in the box.

This is the Spring season box, and I am considered to be in the "Classic" category. 

You can see this if you look in your order and account sections.

I received the small product card that came with the box, and it looks like I received the hair Scuncis and a tanning product sample that weren't listed on the card, so those were probably substitutions.

Here is what I received. There were 6 items in my box, along with the product item card:

Wild Primrose 4 Piece Scunci Hosiery (Material made from hosiery) Hair Elastics--These are a selection of darker colors--one taupe, one rust, one brown, and one black.

I happen to have long hair, and I do use these anyway, so they'll come in handy for me.

This is a full-size product.

7th Heaven Charcoal Peel-Off Face Mask for Oily/Combo. Skin--This is also a full-sized product.

A regular-sized Hello charcoal toothbrush

A 1 oz. sample tube of Hello charcoal and fresh mint toothpaste

A 0.02 fl. oz. sample packet of Tanologist Face and Body Drops--This is a product that you add to your moisturizer for a gradual tanned look.

A strip of Dashing Diva Gloss manicure nail strips which includes 20 gel nail strips. These are really pretty and include silvery and sea-green types of colors.

I like the "surprise" of receiving the boxes and seeing what's in them and I can use what's in them too, so I plan to keep the subscription going. Smiley Happy