Frequent Contributor

Hello, everyone.

If anyone has had any success in actually speaking with a representative, please post their phone number. I subscribed to this service several months ago with my e-mail address and password. However, I forgot my password and seem to be unable to retrieve it through their website. I never received e-mail notifications from them. So, getting in touch with them via their website has prooved challenging.

My Spring beauty box just arrived on my doorstep yesterday. And, like most of you, I am very dissapointed and no long want the subscription. It is not even worth the $5.00 it costs. I received sample foil packets and coupons. No full or even sample size products. Worthless!

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for the link, nightowlz! i just cancelled my subscription. this product has gone down hill considerably. too bad, cuz it was a great idea in the beginning. oh well.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Super Contributor

People remember, you're paying $5 on the shipping for a box full of drugstore samples. It's not Ipsy or Birchbox (which aren't that great either), and I'd much rather pay $5 for these kind of samples than $10 for "higher end" samples that aren't even that great.

I received...

Sample bottles of: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo & Conditioner, Caress Fine Fragrance Body Wash, and Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid perfume.

Sample packets & coupons of: Burt's Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum, Rogaine coupon only, Nivea In Shower Lotion (which I've been wanting to try), L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil, Garnier Miracle Sleeping Facial (I've tried and would use again), Olay Regenerst Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream.

I agree that more sample bottles would be nice, but we can't expect much when we're paying $5 for the shipping on a bunch of free samples.

Just my opinion...

Respected Contributor

Mine is about 800 miles away!

I think we are very justified to be upset by a box of sample packets for 5.00. Even more so when some age groups are paying the same price and receiving one or more full size items!

Respected Contributor

I caved in and ordered a beauty box

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Desi said:

Mine is about 800 miles away!

I think we are very justified to be upset by a box of sample packets for 5.00. Even more so when some age groups are paying the same price and receiving one or more full size items!

I agree!

And last time I didn't even get what others in my age group (over 35) got. Lots of people posted here with details of what was in their boxes, and mine - as I've posted here several times already - was one small Pond's product. And foil packets and Walmart ads. Yes, I was upset - and I think I had every right to be. The over-35 box for most people seemed to be pretty nice, with full-size products, lipstick, and other actual products - not foil packets and Walmart ads! I was disappointed when my box arrived, and rightly so. It was obvious to me that they ran out of products and just threw whatever they had into the boxes that hadn't gone out yet, which were basically freebie-type samples that come in magazines - and Walmart promotional stuff, obviously an attempt to "fill" the box.

Today I received the spring box, and it's better than my winter one (how could it not be?), but it was still disappointing. The one & only product I would use (a small lotion) was empty! I couldn't believe it. The shampoo samples are not for color-treated hair so they are useless to me. I had to laugh when I saw the Rogaine coupon - Don't they realize that more "older" women have color-treated hair rather than hair loss?

I did call last time when I got the box full of foil packets & coupons, and no one ever called me back. So I'm done. I realize this isn't Birchbox or Ipsy (I subscribe to both, and I love them both), but this seems very bait & switch to me. My fall box was great - I was really happy, and it was clearly worth more than $5. But the winter box was a total dud and worth probably about $1. And my spring box wasn't much better (not to mention I got an empty product).

It's not about the $5 - It's about the feeling of being taken advantage of. So I'm done.

Respected Contributor

NYC Susan, if mine is a bust this time I will cancel as well. I get Allure and it has foil packets and sample cards. I expect actual products in a box the size they send. I agree with everything you said!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Msgdfx said:

Hello, everyone.

If anyone has had any success in actually speaking with a representative, please post their phone number. I subscribed to this service several months ago with my e-mail address and password. However, I forgot my password and seem to be unable to retrieve it through their website. I never received e-mail notifications from them. So, getting in touch with them via their website has prooved challenging.

My Spring beauty box just arrived on my doorstep yesterday. And, like most of you, I am very dissapointed and no long want the subscription. It is not even worth the $5.00 it costs. I received sample foil packets and coupons. No full or even sample size products. Worthless!

Thanks.

Sounds like my Winter box. I know how you feel!

I did call after I received that box, but no one ever called me back. I got the phone number from the website: 855-712-0222. I guess it's worth a try, and I hope you get this resolved.

While I was on the website getting the phone number for you, I found this:

Each box is hand-selected with products that fit your life-stage and are seasonally relevant.

and

We would love to hear your thoughts on the products you receive!

So I am now literally laughing because it's all obviously so untrue.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Desi said:

NYC Susan, if mine is a bust this time I will cancel as well. I get Allure and it has foil packets and sample cards. I expect actual products in a box the size they send. I agree with everything you said!

Yes - foil packets are easy to get without subscribing to anything. Today I went to my hair salon, and as I was leaving they handed me samples of a few hair products. Which is more than I got in my last two Walmart Beauty Boxes! And they were good samples, too, things I definitely want to try.

All the samples that Walmart provides - full-size, try-me-size, whatever - are all free to them. It's advertising for the companies. So I don't know why they can't be more fair in the way they send them. It seems to me that they're really disorganized. And good customer service does not seem to be their thing.

Respected Contributor
The only thing I was excited about was an ad from Maybelline for a new palette coming out. That's it. Everything else was blah. Glad I cancelled.