Honored Contributor

Re: Waiting for the Pendulum to Swing to Cool Eyeshadow Shades

@jubilant wrote:

@Shanus 

I do think a lot of cool toned people like more contrast than I do.  I think I tend to gravitate towards cools because I have some ruddy undertones and  they tend to fight the ruddy.  I have seen other cool toned women in the warmer colors that I think it looked good on.   My favorites are the purples and I do wear certain bronze tones.  I think I'm probably just a little "old school"!  Ha!

@jubilant  Because I’m very fair, the lightest shades of foundations often are cool & have some pink in them. I’ve avoided that by going a step up to a fair, but neutral...neither cool or warm, but still prefer cool shadows. Especially w/ silver hair which is cool, the warmers shadows (& warm clothing choices near my face) just fighte each other. I’ll wear khaki pants, but no more camel sweaters that I loved. They looked fine when my hair was dark...just added blush w/ more pink...but just haven’t been able to wear beige, taupe, brown, camel, etc. in eyeshadow, tops or jackets. Silver hair changes the palette of makeup more than skin tone. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Cumbercookie13  You might like this palette seen at Sephora 

Smashbox Denim

2CAB09CD-224F-4FC9-AE2D-8079F5DD290A.jpeg

There are a few colors I'd use there, I actually have similar shades in single shadows. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanusand you could get a pro discount too!

you’re right about those Mac palettes - bought one a few years ago I think it was nordstrom’s Nudes or something like that.  fantastic palette and a great price for 15 regular sizes pans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Attention: Cool shadow ladies... Bobbi Brown has 2 shadow palettes (new) that are cool toned: The Essential Multicolor Eye Shadow Palette in Blue Storm & Night Smoke ($45). Each small palette has 5 shadows. There’s another one called Midnight Orchid (cool) sold out online, at Nordstrom, but avail. on NM online. There are 2 other palettes to choose that are warm...Burnished Bronze and Into The Sunset. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks Shanus. I just ordered the Night Smoke from QVC. It's pricey, but if the colors work and are creamy, it's worth it. BB Live Chat promised me this color choice had no glitter. I'm so tired of declaring at the counters I want cool shades. Mostly matte would be lovely and please not made in China.

Esteemed Contributor

I like both cool neutral and warm neutral eyeshadows. What I don't like are weird shades like red and magenta purple eyeshadows. Those shades just emphasize dark circles under my eyes.