Honored Contributor

WOW HAVE I FOUND SOME FANTABULOUS MAKE UP BRUSHES

[ Edited ]

I was zooming thru facebook about 2 weeks ago and came across an advertisment for ARTIS brushes. I watched the video that was included. I was really intrigued with these brushes.

I called up my make up rep at Nordstroms and asked if she could order me 1 brush. I am speaking specifically of the ARTIS PALM BRUSH $65.00 .

the brush arrived within 4 days. OH MY GOSH, this brush is fantabulous.

it gives an air brush finish. I have to use powder foundation. I apply my powder foundation with my Artis palm brush. NO more powder in lines,creases (which I have many of). I looked in my magifying 7X mirror today. You could not see any powder foundation just sitting on my facial skin. 

I am so deeply impressed with this brush, I ordered me 2 more brushes (the 2 brushes arrived today) so I have one in use while one is cleaned and drying. I wash my brushes all of them once a week with Bare Minerals brush shampoo. I let these brushes dry for a week before I reuse them.

If anyone has used this brush I hope you have been impressed as I am with this "NEW" brush for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW HAVE I FOUND SOME FANTABULOUS MAKE UP BRUSHES

@viva923 ....that's one pricey brush....but it's always nice to find something that you like that works so well!   I use powder foundation so maybe I should look into one as well!  I did a quick google search...is the brush a round one that the dome fits in your palm...no handle?  Are you able to post a photo?

Respected Contributor

I got two brushes from their BrushCraft collection a couple months ago.  I agree... they are fabulous!  I got the Oval 6 and the Oval 3.  They were half price, and the selection was limited, but I wish I had gotten more of them!

Super Contributor

I bought a 32-brush set of professional brushes. I now have a brush for everything, and they'll last the rest of my life.

I use Zote to clean my brushes; I got this tip from a professional makeup artist.

You wet the bar and then keep wiping the brush in one direction along the length of the bar of soap until the makeup rinses off completely. One $4 bar of soap (at Walmart) will last years.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 ..its nice to find something that really works..makes everything nicer.  I wanted to say, I got a foundation brush with an order from It Cosmetics...something I wouldn't have ordered on it's own, being content using my little foundation sponges, and or my fingers.  Besides, it was free.  But, I'll say, WOW, what an ease of application for any foundation.  So, I can relate to your new find..enjoy!  

Respected Contributor

Yay that you are enjoying your new brushes.

I tried the Artis brushes when they came out a few years ago. I liked them, but I felt they were way overpriced. I found less expensive clones that I like just as well.

Honored Contributor

Momtodogs,

I am NOT computer savvy enough to post a photo.

I do know there are 2 palm brushes. 1 is the hand brush which does fit entirely into the palm of your hand. The other brush is a mini palm brush for $55.00.

The brush is pricey but it just blew my mine away at how great this brush did with my powder foundation.

It does have a hump type bump over the brush bristles. You can get the brush in a silver color or a darkish gray-black color.

One of the posters posted about cleaning with zote’s Which can be picked up at walmart. Will have my husband see if they have that bar soap back by the laundry soap area. Zote , I believe is used for hand cleaning your clothes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923   Thank you for sharing this information.  I will use it; however, I am also interested in the 7X mirror you referenced. Would you please give details about it, specifically the brand and your opinion?  Would you buy another one just like it?  If not, would you mind explaining why?  I am not afraid of buying a good mirror, but would like to get it right the first time.  

Thank you for your time.  --Mrs. G. 

Edited to correct a typo.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@viva923 

This?

Palm Brush

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

It may be this one.  I have to admit I HATE the $$$ of their brushes but they are REALLY good.  The dupes are nice but the real thing is fabulous and even with liquid make-up they is very little waste from the brush absorbing the product.

It you want air brushed results ........

PS to the OP you are washing your brush too much!  

fb-feed