Trusted Contributor

Re: WOW! Cost me $10. to send back Bare Minerals concealer

@Valstybabyand @StraytoStay

I read reviews before buying and heard this concealer was not good. I have dry lines under my eyes and thought maybe I can use it for a sunspot but have soo many for that no need fro this. I have so many nice and various kinds of concealers but enjoy trying new things. Please read and weigh out the good and bad in the reviews.

I'm now going to shop in person more oftenlike to our ulta and other stores to try and feel and sample since I'm sending too much back for many reasons.

The only problem with that is I get overwhelmed when I go in ulta (so much stuff!) and buy things I DON'T need yet like and bring them home thinking why did I buy all this stuff? lol. But at least I can return if I go home after sampling in the store and it looks bad at home.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@StraytoStaywrote:

@Valstybabywrote:

costing $28. Will definitely cut down on my QVC spending and be more careful what I buy. Can’t afford to pay $10. for absolutely nothing. 

@Valstybaby What did you not like about the concealer? I was curious about these new stick concealer because I really liked their discontinued Well Rested CC stick (similar texture to the eye shadow stick they sell on occasion) but I just bought new IT Cosmetics Bye Bye concealer so I didn't order. Although a stick form appeals as it's quicker than squeezing a tube if you have a day every second counts. Smiley Happy

Hi @StraytoStay 

Love your name! I used BE bisque powder for many years. Ten years ago noticed settling in fine lines experienced irritation. Same with BE face powder. Last month ordered supersize bye bye concealer w/brush. Owned the brush favorite of mine. Tinyest amount all I need. Best concealer! IT free shipping day. Sometimes in a rush spot conceal out the door. Key! Less is more. 

Respected Contributor

not that I buy a lot from Nordstrom but this is what I love about Nordstorm, Free shipping to me, Free shipping back to them if I need to return, i love that service.

Super Contributor

If you put it in a bubble mailer, how can it be so much? Sometimes if you pay for it yourself it is  cheaper than using their lable.

Trusted Contributor

Who cares why the OP did or did not like the BM concealer.  Her issue is the exorbitant return shipping cost she incurred for an item that was guaranteed or her money back.I share her disdain for unreasonable shipping costs. I have limited my online shopping to shopping with companies who offer free shipping and free returns. Last year, I purchased an eyeliner from an online company and received free shipping.  The product was of poor quality. I looked at the return instructions and it was going to cost me $8.00 to return!  No way does a small, thin pencil in a bubble envelope cost $8.00! Never again!

Frequent Contributor

@Quinny Obviously straytostay cares why the OP returned the BM concealer, and so do I, since I was considering buying the product. Thanks to BeautyAddiction for sharing and saving a lot of readers some money.

I do agree with you and BeautyAddiction that the cost of returning products to the Q is ridiculous. There are very few beauty items sold on the Q that you can't buy in a retail store or from another website. Unless there is a TSV from a line you love and you know you will use EVERY item in the set, it's not worth shopping from the Q any more- at least not for me.

Honored Contributor

I have cut way back on my Q shopping because of the expense if you need to return an item.  There are other sites that even have sales on cosmetics and I can buy there and return for free.   Occasionally QVC does have an item I want that isn't available elsewhere so I do order.  Not that often now though.   

Respected Contributor

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

@Quinny Obviously straytostay cares why the OP returned the BM concealer, and so do I, since I was considering buying the product. Thanks to BeautyAddiction for sharing and saving a lot of readers some money.

I do agree with you and BeautyAddiction that the cost of returning products to the Q is ridiculous. There are very few beauty items sold on the Q that you can't buy in a retail store or from another website. Unless there is a TSV from a line you love and you know you will use EVERY item in the set, it's not worth shopping from the Q any more- at least not for me.

@BostonMom 59 Thank you. I paid the original $3. shipping PLUS $6.95 return shipping. No more individual products for me unless I have already tried them or there is an exceptional kit.