Honored Contributor

It is what it is... a very cheap wig.  and it looks like a wig... but if that is all a person can afford and it helps your self esteem to cover your own hair( or lack of it)... then it is an OK wig.  Just do not expect a great looking wig for cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say.....i didn't think any of the hosts looked that good in the wigs....Pat looked uncomfortable and so did Mary......others said they liked years back when Pat had short hair...i like her hair mid length...not as long as it is now...but a little longer then the short length....................

Respected Contributor

Definately!! I recently ordered 2 wigs from Paula Young. I received the 1st, it was ok, but had my eye on another style. I kept waiting for some special prices (they offer deals a LOT). I kept reading reviews & kept going back looking at it. I finally caved & ordered my 2nd wish. It was horrible. It was very thin, did not seem the quality of the 1st, even tho it was a higher price. I am returning the 2nd today. Put my 1st on last night, as I had not played with it much. It looked great. 

If I were going to wear a wig most of the time, I would definately invest in a higher quality & also go somewhere you can try on. From reading reviews on Paula Young's site, I believe many wigs are returned & send back out after someone has trimmed them. 

I have salt/pepper hair, I ordered a "rooted" silver/gray color. I love,love love the rooted color. Darker at the roots & lighter ends. They are slightly shinny, which looks fake to me, but I am satisfied with my 1st wig. 

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I have to say.....i didn't think any of the hosts looked that good in the wigs....Pat looked uncomfortable and so did Mary......others said they liked years back when Pat had short hair...i like her hair mid length...not as long as it is now...but a little longer then the short length....................

I agree. The short cut aged Pat at least 10 years. She has gorgeous hair and the long length suits her very well. 

I do think the colors offered for the wigs are attractive. The rooted blond looks so much more natural than the all gold "Barbie" type wigs.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been wearing the short textured cut since this vendor first brought them.  People never ever think I'm wearing a wig, until I tell them of course ,  they think I cut my long hair.  I love how they look,  I have several of this cut ,  most in red/ginger,  that is the color of my "real" hair .  My hair stylist saw me at you Cousins wedding and thought I went to somone else to get my hair cut ,  she was kind of upset with my till I told her " No it's a wig " she could not beileve it ,  she feels it looks totally like my hair and not at all like a wig.  She's young as well  not older,  and felt it was very sassy and has a beautiful cut to it with a natural look not at all wiggy !  I wear mine regularly as it is so easy and saves me so much time on days I don't have time or I'm having a bad hair day,  or just don't feel like blow drying , straightening etc.  I also dont want to cut my long hair , this way I get the best of both worlds!!   one last thing,  it is not uncomfortable at all ,  never hot and I run hot , I actually forget I have it on , it is very light.

if your on the fence give one a try!

Honored Contributor

To me, all wigs except human hair wigs look wiggy.  To one degree or another, synthetic wigs all shine in a way that real hair doesn’t.  When I wore wigs in the 60s/70s it was the itching that made me crazy.  I wanted to go into the restroom midday, rip it off and SCRATCH.

My hair is thin and fine, so most wigs have WAY too much hair for my head/face, and I’d probably love a sparse wig.

But it’s very difficult to find wigs that are white vs light gray. My hair isn’t piece-of-paper white, but it’s NOT gray. It’s a natural white.  I would want a white wig, not a light gray one. I toy sometimes with the idea of getting a white human hair wig, but they are in the hundreds. And there are no wig shops closer to me than 60+ minutes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Seriously?  I thought Amy looked great in the pixie wig.

Valued Contributor

I think synthetic hair wigs or hair pieces look very unrealistic. It is so shiny and thick that it  can be spotted 50 feet away. I realize around $90 is nothing to shake a stick at but a human hair wig would be worth the investment.

Respected Contributor

One thing they mentioned concerning human hair wigs is that they can frizz in humidity and that when you wash them you have to completely restyle them.  Don't know if that's true, but it would be annoying.

Respected Contributor

I tried a shorter wig (only one available in grey) last TSV or two ago.

The wig was very small and get this, I have a very small head, almost child sized. The wig was too tight and it scoots off even if I put on the cap and pull it on firmly. The reports were that it does run small. So read the reviews. They were spot on. The hair looked very real.