Honored Contributor

People that buy what you wouldn't are not fools.  They have a problem and its how they chose to deal with it.  Its their money and they can spend it however they want.  Dont be so judgemental.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Re: WIG INSTEAD OF $1400

[ Edited ]

I wasn't going to comment on this post, I don't like to even read them lately, because there's always a few post's about brands that are laughed at, or veiled digs at people choosing to buy them (IMHO)

I just want to encourage that person who's considering this, or any other product, but on the fence because of such posts...do your own thing as the poster's on here are, I'm not knocking anyone.

I'm all for "Most Women" and "fools" to choose what is right for them, and while women AND men have various medical issues/aging, causing hair loss, doesn't mean they're being fooled, or insecure.

If they want to look, or feel, a certain way through "beauty" products- all the $$$ spent on skincare that most don't really do anything, at least not long term, in a year, or more time that $$ could be spent on actual facial treatments; botox, fillers, lasers, or mini lifts that actually do something, yes- some skincare may still be needed for whatever skin conditions, but to increase plumpness, lift sagging skin, muscles, etc.,

I get Botox for migraines- it helps my forehead, but it's not skintight, its more injections that forehead regular botox cosmetic- I get injections on the sides of my head front to ack, down the back of my head, back of neck, onto top of should area.  But for beauty - I use Nuface,, Glow roller, , and I've used various other items throughout the years. I am going to a plastic surgeon when I feel safe to go out, for an evaulation for jowl, under eye hollowness, don't know if I'll choose anything, just thought I'd see whats out there.

some people rather would choose those treatments than constantly putting out $$$ for no true benefit, yes, retin a does work, but it too has serious side effects for some, these are all options, no one thing is foolish, or for the insecure... and we choose clothes, exercise, nutrition, tv/movies/music/book that are right for us too- doesn't mean they have "insecurities being played" upon.

I've been using different HairMax products throughout the years, takes no time at all, and I even miss weeks at a time, 

I've saved $$$ on hair products, salon visits, so it evens out in the long run, and I can wear styles I like again. 

The easypays are great, and the 6 month return policy can't be beat, except if you buy this, or anything at Nordstroms or Costco(even though Costco has a return time period, they're great at taking items back)-  both places can return anytime.

Ladies, Gentlemen, do what's right for youCat Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's not like a complicated time consuming process - my original hair max only takes 11 minutes and once you have  results only have to use it once a week even though I use it every other day still.  I don't think I would spend that much for the hat but if it ever quit working I would get another ASAP.  I have had mine for at least 5-6 years with no malfunctions.

Do you have the 7, 9 or 12 laser? 

Honored Contributor

@ShanusThanks -  I have used Joan's product, but really hadn't ever thought about white.  I might just buy that because the last 2 weeks before I color, the front of my natural part is sure white.  I have the blonde version -  didn't remember there was a lighter version.

Honored Contributor

Re: WIG INSTEAD OF $1400

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusThanks -  I have used Joan's product, but really hadn't ever thought about white.  I might just buy that because the last 2 weeks before I color, the front of my natural part is sure white.  I have the blonde version -  didn't remember there was a lighter version.

@millieshops   My hair is silver, but turning mostly white in front, sides and crown. Strangely, where there's white hair, the scalp appears pink!!! The white works great to  cover it up. 

Honored Contributor

@ShanusPerfect info for me!   I just put a message in my planner because I don't dare order right now as I try to figure out when I can make a snowbird transition some time relatively soon.  As you can imagine, just trying to get routine mail where it should be is enough to manage right now;  I'm not about to add anything new until my dates are firm.   

The good news is that it will be a few weeks before I'd use it anyway  and there's no one to impress except who I see in my own mirror!

Honored Contributor

@Pook , I too bought the hair band that was the TSV early last year.  The first one wouldn't turn on after I charged it, but I sent it back for an exchange and have been using it since March, so a little over a year.  While I can't say it has given me thick voluptious hair, I never had that before.  I can say that I can tell there is more hair along the front hairline.  I could actually feel it coming in, so I vouch that the concept works.  It's quite easy to use.  I just put the band on after my shower and do other things while I'm wearing it like putting my pants on, wiping down the shower, making the bed.  I don't find it cumbersome at all.  

I also remember @SilleeMee used the Cappillus as well as the Hairmax comb to reach the areas the cap didn't with success.  Too bad she's no longer around to put her 2 cents in on the subject.  I would love to have the cap, but too pricey for my budget especially considereing I have a perfectly functional headband that only requires me to move it back every half a minute.  

The technology works.  Whether you are willing to spend the money to use it is a personal choice.  While I have the powders and sprays, I would hate to have to use those every day.  I only use them to cover grays when I try to extend my hair color.  If it makes a person feel better about themselves, I say go for it, or go for a cheaper model.  Plus, you do have 6 months to decide if you would actually keep using it and to see if you get results. I think that's more than fair.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Well this "fool" has been using the original hair max for years with great results.  The hair on my temple area was almost gone and receeding.  I now have hair coverage there!!  Who really thinks it's ok with me if I am loosing hair in quite noticeable areas?  Not playing on insecurities - just a possible solution for many and I am one pleased "fool" with my origianl hairmax!!!

@Pook  - you're not a fool for trying and using something that you want! 

And, how typically of the OP to post a scathing comment about something she doesn't like/approve while MOCKING and INSULTING others for their personal choice. 

I appreciate those who can share info and alternatives without disparaging Q shoppers for shopping at Q for products/solutions

Oh, and since it seems to be ignored. ..I'm glad to read about YOUR SUCCESSFUL RESULTS! Hope this is helpful for others in the market for a similar solution

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's not like a complicated time consuming process - my original hair max only takes 11 minutes and once you have  results only have to use it once a week even though I use it every other day still.  I don't think I would spend that much for the hat but if it ever quit working I would get another ASAP.  I have had mine for at least 5-6 years with no malfunctions.

Excellent info @Pook  Thank you for posting yiur detailed review!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

People that buy what you wouldn't are not fools.  They have a problem and its how they chose to deal with it.  Its their money and they can spend it however they want.  Dont be so judgemental.

@Imaoldhippie  - I agree. It's pathetic! I sincerely hope Q shoppers ignore the rude and offensive comments!