Honored Contributor

Oh please. Whether or not I could afford it, I think this "cap" for $1400 plays on a woman's insecurities. Most women experience thinning hair from hormone imbalance after menopause, childbirth, stress or thyroid issues. 

This cap would end up hanging on a hook like so many other gadgets never used often enough...IF it even shows promise of thicker hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WIG INSTEAD OF $1400

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

"A fool and [her] money are soon parted" ... 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Shanus 

"A fool and [her] money are soon parted" ... 

@SoX   So true. I hesitate to call anyone a "fool" who needs to give it a try, just happy not on MY Visa card.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

Woman Wink  ... just paraphrasing an old proverb ... not calling out anyone.  

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Shanus 

Woman Wink  ... just paraphrasing an old proverb ... not calling out anyone.  

@SoX   Oh, I knew that. Just agreeing with you as long as I don't have to pick up the bill for such an expense.

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of my rowing machine for $1500 purchased 10 yrs. ago and used for 6 months. It now makes a perfect drying rack for my bras. 

BTW, anyone know, if like Rogaine, when you stop using this cap, the hair starts falling out again?

Honored Contributor

Consider this a bargain price. the Capillus cap sold on HSN ,also 202 lasers is $2000. This is the one Dr Denese and Martino Cartier endorse. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shows how ditsy I am this morning ... I didn't even know I was on the Beauty forum ... now I'm running and ducking!

Honored Contributor

@ShanusIF I thought it would work -  IF I thought I'd stick with using it properly....  I'd love to buy a gadget of any price that would fill in the thin and thinning spots of my head!

I'm not buying but having been just yesterday for a cut and color which does more to hide the 2 extremely sparse spots on my head than anything else but wearing a turban, I know not wearing make-up except for my thinning brows is fine with me, not buying new clothes or jewelry is fine with me -  but thin, limp hair is not.    

IF I thought that gadget would work, IF I thought I'd actually use it properly  ....

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusIF I thought it would work -  IF I thought I'd stick with using it properly....  I'd love to buy a gadget of any price that would fill in the thin and thinning spots of my head!

I'm not buying but having been just yesterday for a cut and color which does more to hide the 2 extremely sparse spots on my head than anything else but wearing a turban, I know not wearing make-up except for my thinning brows is fine with me, not buying new clothes or jewelry is fine with me -  but thin, limp hair is not.    

IF I thought that gadget would work, IF I thought I'd actually use it properly  ....

@millieshops   Lots of "Ifs". My hair is thinning at the temples like my Dad's. I use Joan River's Good Hair Day in white...fills in the scalp color so not as noticeable. That's as far as I'm going going. There are products w/ fibers in them like Toppix, but it transfers to face and clothing and comes off when you sweat. The JR powder stays on until you shampoo it out. You may want to try it. Sold here.