Honored Contributor

Re: WHY do people write reviews like this?

@kitty45 wrote:

I've seen one where the person said they haven't gotten the product yet but they gave it one star.

lol

I've seen that too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@kitty45 wrote:

I've seen one where the person said they haven't gotten the product yet but they gave it one star.

lol

I've seen that too.

I've seen that too and I don't know why QVC would let that go through. I thought they read the reviews first.  

Honored Contributor

What I love when I read reviews anywhere, is when someone raves about a product favorably, and then gives it one star! Huh??

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Haha great thread. I always wonder how the people that leave these screwy reviews manage to function on a daily basis. 

Honored Contributor

I don't believe it's true that HSN won't allow a review on a returned item.

I was recently reading reviews for the most recent DG TSV and the one prior, and there were plenty of reviews where it was stated that they returned the jeggings and gave a poor review.    

Respected Contributor

I think part of the problem is that many retailers send emails prompting customers to review products so quickly, in some cases even before they are delivered.

I have had  an item ONE day, and I get an email to review it? I bet some people do it, just because they are prompted...Maybe retailers think a quick review is more likely to be positive?

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

We purchase the $400.00 Swagway from Evine.

I read the ONLY review, after the fact, and a woman stated that she hadn't given it to her grandson yet so she couldn't comment and then proceeded to give it 1 star!

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people reviewing prior to actually using the product.

HSN, though flawed in some respects, has it right when they first, make you wait to review, and, don't let you review if you haven't purchased the product.

Unfortunately they don't let you review it if you send it back either which clearly defeats the idea of getting a complete picture from those that have purchased.

As for the Swagway it's great!

Hi @Andreatoo !!

I've written reviews for products on HSN which were returned.-- In fact, several times.   Is this a brand new policy ??

Glad you liked your Swagway.

(BTW, What IS a Swagway?? Smiley Wink)

@FunlovingI don't know if it's a new policy but I did try to review the item after I'd already returned it; now, if that happens, I'm reviewing THEN returning! lol

Swagway is a hoverboard/personal transportation. You stand on it and go! Kind of like a motorized skateboard.  I'm chicken but my husband just loves it

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't believe it's true that HSN won't allow a review on a returned item.

I was recently reading reviews for the most recent DG TSV and the one prior, and there were plenty of reviews where it was stated that they returned the jeggings and gave a poor review.    

Shall I dig up the email for you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva

I dug it up anyway:

Hello Andrea,

Our goal is your complete satisfaction with every aspect of HSN and I truly apologize you were unable to post a review for the Rhonda Shear "Everyday" Molded Cup Camisoles.

Our system is set up so people may post reviews from 10 days to 180 days after the order date. In addition, we ask you to realize that a customer is no longer able to post a review when an order has been refunded. Please know that I have forwarded your view on this matter to a management team that monitors the feedback of our customers so your voice will be heard. Please post all reviews before the return is made.

Andrea, thanks for letting me discuss this policy with you and we look forward to serving you to the best of our ability in the future.

Sincerely,

Shay
hsn.com Customer Service

How did we do? Please provide feedback on the email interaction you had with us by completing this survey: <http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BPZA7Z7YS/>

If the link does not launch the survey, please copy and paste the address into your web browser.

On 5/12/2015 9:51 AM, Andrea wrote:
> Name: Andrea
> Phone:
> Acct Number:
> Order Number: 1219356270
>
> I purchased an item that I was dissatisfied with. Should I not be able to post a review?! It's been 'more than 5 days'. As a matter of fact I've received it, tried it, and returned it AND you've already acknowledged receipt. Clearly 5 days! Other customers need an honest assessment; not the skewed one you may be perpetuating when you bar my review... :-(

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitty45 wrote:

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"