Honored Contributor

Re: WHY do people write reviews like this?

It doesn't happen too often, but I get a kick out of those who rate a product with only one star but write a glowing review. I feel like asking them how long they've been on this planet? :-)

I also enjoy people who write reviews on products that they never should have bought; e.g, the person who will bash a perfume that is clearly indicated as being rose-centric because she -- wait for it, wait for it -- hates the scent of roses in perfume.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I agree that one should wait and write a proper review based on use of the item.  I've seen many where it was stated that the product was still in the package.  How dumb is that?  For what it's worth, I used that laser hair wand for many months and did not get results.  I'm not saying that results wouldn't have happened in a year or two, but I was not patient enough to stick with it.  I admit I'm not good with gadgets, so I take responsibility for it not working. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread gives me the opportunity to post one of the funniest reviews that I have ever read. It also goes to show that these reviews are not necessarily reviewed by whomever approves them. This was a perfect opportunity to let a specific person know that she ordered a product that she was not using properly. The confusion was of course in a similar looking bottle.

Wen CC vs Wen Lotion (OTO - WEN by Chaz Dean Hair & Body Total Intensive) in June 2014.

No Image Found

Additional information about Iteachscorps could not be loaded.
Date:08-23-14
Overall Rating
3 out of 5
3 out of 5
" I really liked my first order of the Tea Tree cleanser. I got this set on a one-time only offer. This time, the cleanser has a very different consistency than my first purchase. It feels like a grease bath on my hair, with none of the original creaminess. The first purchase rinsed nicely from my hair. With this one, the greasy feeling doesn't wash out. When dried, my hair doesn't look greasy, but it doesn't give my fine hair the look and feel of weight and fullness that my first bottle did. If the product makeup has been changed, I wouldn't buy Tea Tree again, but I suspect that this was a one-time only as a means of unloading a bad lot. "

I also wish that this OTO would be repeated with a Auto Delivery. My favorite OTO!

Always wished that I could let  @lteachscorps  know that she was using the Body Lotion as a Cleansing Conditioner.

Super Contributor

Bibione, I've started taking Lessman's HSN among other of his vitamins. Do you take one or two a day? If two, do you take them at the same time? I've been taking two but am going to one a day, but would like your opinion. 

Thanks. 

Trusted Contributor

I have seen a few reviews that were obviously for a different item, example: clothing review and details given under a beauty item. 

Valued Contributor

One a day is enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hear you about the crazy reviews.  I mean, seriously...what are people thinking?  Sometimes you are right, the review is NOT about that product, it is so obvious!  People give a review and say, I didn't like color so I sent it back!  Or, they rant on about poor delivery of product.  But the worst are those who have not tried the product.  I wanted this sweater once and had some serious concerns about sizing, I was hoping a reviewer would address.  There were 2 reviews,  One lady stated, " I love it, just love it!  The color is so beautiful.  I can't wait to try it on when the weather cools down"  give me a break!  Then the other review said something to the fact that the sweater arrived too late for her to wear to an event, so she was sending it back.  We want to know this?

When I read a review I would like them to address the sizing. I LOVE reviewers who are so open and helpful and state their height, sizing they usually buy.  Special issues they have.  Then I would like to know how long is the top on them? How the item fits.  Is it large, small, are the long sleeves short?  How is the fabric, and general quality. Are the colors true to swatches.

You would think the company would reject reviews that are not for the product they are reviewing.  Amazon is famous for this.  I see 200 4 star reviews.  Then I read them. The review is about something else.

I also have another pet peeve abut Amazon reviews.  I am sick and tired of getting email bombed with requests from vendor begging for a review.  This makes me mad.  Because they send 3 or 4 emails. After they send me 2 emails begging for a 5 star review, I do not review, Period.  I even had this one vendor send me an email begging me to alter my review because I gave it 2 stars.  I should have given the pedometer 0 stars as it was a piece of junk.  The vendor stated how my review was seriously effecting their business.  I was really mad. I looked at the reviews she had,  They were all 4 or 5 stars.  How could my lower star review effect her business.  I was being nice giving her the 2 stars.  Also, I think the reviews she had were fake, from friends and those given free product for an honest review.  I just ignored it, but I think I am going to write amazon about bombing the customer begging for positive reviews.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

We purchase the $400.00 Swagway from Evine.

I read the ONLY review, after the fact, and a woman stated that she hadn't given it to her grandson yet so she couldn't comment and then proceeded to give it 1 star!

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people reviewing prior to actually using the product.

HSN, though flawed in some respects, has it right when they first, make you wait to review, and, don't let you review if you haven't purchased the product.

Unfortunately they don't let you review it if you send it back either which clearly defeats the idea of getting a complete picture from those that have purchased.

As for the Swagway it's great!

Hi @Andreatoo !!

I've written reviews for products on HSN which were returned.-- In fact, several times.   Is this a brand new policy ??

Glad you liked your Swagway.

(BTW, What IS a Swagway?? Smiley Wink)

Super Contributor

I've seen one where the person said they haven't gotten the product yet but they gave it one star.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It doesn't happen too often, but I get a kick out of those who rate a product with only one star but write a glowing review. I feel like asking them how long they've been on this planet? :-)

I also enjoy people who write reviews on products that they never should have bought; e.g, the person who will bash a perfume that is clearly indicated as being rose-centric because she -- wait for it, wait for it -- hates the scent of roses in perfume.

lol  I agree Suzy.  Some of the reviews I see are simply hilarious.  People who send something back as it was too expensive THOUGH they loved it, people who give a 5 star review on QVC though they have not bought the item--they think it looks nice from the on air presentation, and others who totally trash a product for a feature that they already knew it had.  It's so bizarre how QVC posts these.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"