Super Contributor

Re: WHOSE READY FOR SOME SKINN???????????????????

On 3/30/2014 Favorite Son said:

Regarding the Parthena - I don't really have any idea how old it is. I just looked at the ingredients, and since it is nothing but glycolic acid in a water/aloe vera base with some other things that aren't synthetic, I decided it must still be OK. I interpret it as toner with exfoliating properties provided by the glycolic acid.

I probably should have phrased that differently. I'm sure the product is fine -- just that the Parthena days were long ago!Smile

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Regarding the Parthena - I don't really have any idea how old it is. I just looked at the ingredients, and since it is nothing but glycolic acid in a water/aloe vera base with some other things that aren't synthetic, I decided it must still be OK. I interpret it as toner with exfoliating properties provided by the glycolic acid.

I probably should have phrased that differently. I'm sure the product is fine -- just that the Parthena days were long ago!Smile

Trust me, no offense taken. Do you recall when Dimitri sold under the Parthena brand?

Honored Contributor

Dimitri needs to be less enthusiastic - I only want to be mildly interested, not tempted to try everything! lol...

Honored Contributor

I used to use Parthena. It was good stuff.

Super Contributor

Trust me, no offense taken. Do you recall when Dimitri sold under the Parthena brand?

I sure do! I don't remember if I ever purchased anything, though -- but knowing how he can sell, I probably did!

There were three of them, all with "you can't be serious" names. Dimitri James, natch, Francesca Milano ({#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) and Jorge Castellanez (or something like that). Dimitri was the front man -- and good choice! Don't know what happened between them or what happened to the other two.

I THINK there was a company in between Parthena and Skinn -- anybody else remember that? And not sure if the other two were still in the picture or if it was just Dimitri.

You obviously remember those days because you still have some product!{#emotions_dlg.lol} And our search never seems to end!

Super Contributor

YIKES! I have two jars of the Reorganize Night Eye Balm and just used up the one in my bathroom so went to grab the one next to my bed and it's almost empty too! I thought I had plenty left and didn't plan to buy anything this weekend... WELL so much for that! I can't live without this stuff so I'm off to find a good kit with it...

Respected Contributor

I sure do! I don't remember if I ever purchased anything, though -- but knowing how he can sell, I probably did!

There were three of them, all with "you can't be serious" names. Dimitri James, natch, Francesca Milano ({#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) and Jorge Castellanez (or something like that). Dimitri was the front man -- and good choice! Don't know what happened between them or what happened to the other two.

I THINK there was a company in between Parthena and Skinn -- anybody else remember that? And not sure if the other two were still in the picture or if it was just Dimitri.

You obviously remember those days because you still have some product!{#emotions_dlg.lol} And our search never seems to end!

The three-pack of exfoliating serum was the only thing I ever bought from the Parthena line. I thought all of his other anhydrous products weren't right for my skin. I used up the first bottle, then the rest of the regimen got lost in the shuffle until I organized all of my products late last year, as preparation for getting the stash in one place and using it up one by one. I was doing pretty well until I bought the Dermalift kit, a Collagenesis kit, two sets of lip and stem rejen serums, and then the lip kit last month. I am back to using up things one at a time, and looking inside the box when I think I need to buy something new.

Super Contributor

The three-pack of exfoliating serum was the only thing I ever bought from the Parthena line. I thought all of his other anhydrous products weren't right for my skin. I used up the first bottle, then the rest of the regimen got lost in the shuffle until I organized all of my products late last year, as preparation for getting the stash in one place and using it up one by one. I was doing pretty well until I bought the Dermalift kit, a Collagenesis kit, two sets of lip and stem rejen serums, and then the lip kit last month. I am back to using up things one at a time, and looking inside the box when I think I need to buy something new.

I love that idea of putting it all in one box and checking before clicking "buy now". You've inspired me.

Respected Contributor

I love that idea of putting it all in one box and checking before clicking "buy now". You've inspired me.

Yes, well, the method hasn't been 100% successful, as evidenced by the Skinn purchases. But I have a couple of 3 x 5 cards taped to the underside of the lid with the order in which I purchased what is in the box, and I am using them up oldest to newest. I inserted the Skinn because my skin got so dry with this harsh winter. I am planning to switch off the Skinn on April 1, and do a month of Isomers R Pur, including gemmotherapy as my moisturizer. At the end of the month I'll use up what is left on my arms and legs, then move on to the next thing in the box.

Respected Contributor

Oh noooo! #305-691 has been sitting in my cart since this morning. The DISCOUNT IS GONE!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."