Honored Contributor

WHO WAS LOOKING FOR MAX FACTOR PAN STICK?

[ Edited ]

A couple weeks ago I had a brief conversation here with someone who used to use MF Pan Stick and what was still available was sky high in cost.   She was looking for specific product numbers.

If you see yourself in my description, please respond.  thanks  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: WHO WAS LOOKING FOR MAX FACTOR PAN STICK?

Trusted Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
beckyb1012

Re: Max Factor

I used it for decades and for several years had to get my pan stik off of ebay until the prices sky rocketed for my shade.  I have not bought it in several years but I still have the last little bit in a stick in my bathroom for old times sake.  When the price went over $100.00 on ebay for my shade I only used what I had left for special occasions.  Last week I looked and there was my shade for $175.00 for one stick

@Tinkrbl44  Is @beckyb1012 the poster you're looking for?  I hope so, I just tagged her Lol.

Trusted Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
beckyb1012

Re: 1st EBay purchase ever[ New ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:
@seaBreeze2 wrote:

I purchase Mary Kay lip crayons on Ebay that MK discontinued years ago....but I love one color and won't give it up!  Too bad make-up companies keep changing their colors.  It's probably expired but what is a girl to do..!?

@seaBreeze2 

I've bought many things on Ebay, but nothing gives me more satisfaction than finding a discontinued favorite cosmetic for sale.   I was once looking for a lipstick and couldn't find it on any retailers sites.  Then, searching Ebay one day, I find a Beauty Supply company in Wisconsin that had SIX perfect little lipsticks in my color ... marked down and free shipping.    A happy little shopping victory, to be sure.  Woman LOL

Mercy that was wonderful for several years finding my shade of Max Factor Pan Stik after it was discontinued.  I so stocked up and bought until my 129 and 125 shade jumped from about $8.00 to $164.00.  I cried, and still have just a tiny bit left in a stick I am saving forever I suppose.  I remember @Tinkrbl44 you told me about that Vermont Store and I did buy one time but they did not carry my shade.  Woman Sad

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."

I hope @beckyb1012  sees this and replies to you Tink.
Honored Contributor

@decaf 

WOW ....  that was excellent sleuthing, Sherlock!   Woman LOL

How did you find that comment?  I did some searches here and couldn't come up with that conversation!    

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I'm glad I could help.  It's very, very nice of you to try so hard to reach another poster.  I hope you have good news for her.

Trusted Contributor

I used the "user" search option, when that didn't work I used the advanced option.  Actually, I think I just got lucky!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@decaf 

How did you find that comment?  I did some searches here and couldn't come up with that conversation!    

So much more than beauty on these boards there are blessings as well @Tinkrbl44  @decaf Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@decaf 

So much more than beauty on these boards there are blessings as well @Tinkrbl44  @decaf Heart

@beckyb1012 

I happened to notice several new auctions on Ebay last week with reasonable prices; thought you might want to check out the colors of what's being offered.  Do a search of Max Factor Pan Stick and see what comes up.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@decaf 

@beckyb1012 

I happened to notice several new auctions on Ebay last week with reasonable prices; thought you might want to check out the colors of what's being offered.  Do a search of Max Factor Pan Stick and see what comes up.  HTH

I will have to check it out.  I used to check fairly often but then I just stopped until that most recent thread and I looked again.  Thanks, Tink