Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

I am starting to agree. This neck thing feels kinda like a snake oil salesman.

Respected Contributor

I don`t recall the title of the movie, but Joanne Woodward played this older single woman in the South . I picture the scene of her walking into the kitchen and her domineering Mother was sitting at the kitchen table with a chin strap on. Time period of the 1950`s, I believe.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I don`t recall the title of the movie, but Joanne Woodward played this older single woman in the South . I picture the scene of her walking into the kitchen and her domineering Mother was sitting at the kitchen table with a chin strap on. Time period of the 1950`s, I believe.

The Glass Menagerie?

Respected Contributor

Hi @catlover, I caught a show this afternoon, I was surprised they were still offering the 5 pc DWP kit at that special pricing so I grabbed one. What did you buy this visit, anything?  

@mima, I was happy to see you could pick up both of the Pores kits, the cleanser in the first kit is a must for you, I would use it once a day until your pores are clean, then you can use just a couple or a few times a week. The peel off mask is new, I am loving it, I use the cleanser and the mask a couple times a week. The second kit with the serums gets great reviews so those should help you quite a bit. Then use the poreless crm and if you need extra moisture at any point you have the 24 hr Youth Preservation Crm from kit 1. And then of course you have the Take The Weekend Off Crm in kit one, you are set!!  Tip for the cleanser, concentrate on your congested areas, use small circular motions clockwise and counterclockwise on those areas. Hope ya love this regime, once you clear up you can use it for maintance and join us Deep Wrinkle Protocol gals!!

Regular Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@j-lou wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

ITA!!!

Why single him out?  You don't think other vendors haven't had anything done? You think Doris Dalton was born with those fat lips?  I mean, heck, we're chatting in a BEAUTY forum so we're all at least moderately interested in caring for what we have and looking our best.  We have ladies here who will color their grey hair, do Botox, laser treatments, maybe some boob jobs or face lifts in order to have a certain look so why is it an obsession if Dimitri doesn't want to give in to hair loss?  He lives in the land of beautiful people so there's probably some kind of expectation he's got to live up to.  But even if he didn't, he can afford it so it's his business if he wants to get the hair transplant.  I'm sure there are people on TV (newscasters) who have done it in order to look their best for being on camera.  

This is what I was referring to.  You yourself just made a rude comment about a vendor.  So, no one has been singled out.  Everyone is always going to have an opinion, its nothing new. 

Oh brother, are you kidding me?  OK, maybe I could have said "full" or "plumped up" to be more PC, but why is the word "fat" construed to be an insult?  It's an adjective, a descriptive word.  I never called Doris Dalton a name or assaulted her character.

Lol... are you kidding me?  No matter how spin it you were insulting Doris Dalton.  Now really, do not tell me you have never commented on a post just to throw your own two cents in that was neither helpful or constructive.  I never said it was right to talk about anyone's appearance, I know I try not to but we are all guilty.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to a retail site.

Valued Contributor

Re: WHO'S WATCHING DIMITRI?

[ Edited ]

I started with his products a few years ago and just got a few core things. I liked those things. but then like all companies that see a huge surge in popularity it seems he fell into the trap of bringing something new all the time, or reinventing the things I liked. since he's on at least 12x a year, and sometimes more, that's a lot of new things or reformulations. so that to me weakens the line.

How can people buy every new thing he brings out in multiples and not continue with the same things and actually know what works? He developed some loyal customers much like a few other lines have and so they defend him to the max. I bought his Lip6x based on rave reviews here and it did NOTHING. Just waste money. His neck amour is good, 24 YPC was good but he changed it, botanilift neck serum was good but now he's bringing in chin straps? And that device to hold a hair dryer? to me those things just cheapen his line as becoming gimmicky. Good skincare should be about ingredients and when the cosmetic industry develops something new that works better than the gold standard, then that's what they should be bringing. He seems to be just cluttering up his line now.

Oh, and I guess what really soured me was the last TTV he brought he said "I don't say this often but you should be buying 5-6 of these kits". He says that every, single time. and unless customers are buying multiple to break up and sell on ebay, buying 5-6 kits 12 times a year would mean they had a stockpile of let's see average 5 items per kit x buying 5 kits = 25 products times 12 times a year = 300 items!!!!!! Seriously if anyone has that much stuff in their cabinets it would take years and years to use it so they would be throwing a lot of it away.

His schtick has soured me at this point. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't shop for Skinn though I have wanted to try the Orchid Gel. He seems like a nice guy and he is charismatic and seems passionate about his products. I think he is a good looking guy but he is completely over doing it with fillers on his face. Of course he can do whatever he wants to but he is at the point now where he is looking cartoonish.  I do not say this to be mean, catty or backbiting at all, I just think he would look so much better if he really took a long break with those. I am not sure if he does the injections himself or not. I just cannot imagine ANY of the derms I work for to continue when it is starting to look so unnatural. How their patients look reflects on them but they also are very cognizant of patients who may have a distorted view of themselves. 

Also, the last time I checked he only has ONE spf product, I don't know if that is still the case. I hope not. He has so many products in his line. Many of them are duplicates for other products and yet The MOST important anti-aging product there is and he only has one? I just do not understand that at all. He should have at least have several different options for the SPF with different formulations for all skin types. He should make sure he has an option for oil, dry, combo and sensitive skin. I have seen products that have 4,5 even 6 duplicates (or very similar) to it. There is absolutely nothing more important in skin care than SPF. I find that really disappointing. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  Gosh, I don't think he looks like he has fillers at all. His face is thin now having lost weight, I can see that. He might look 'cartoonish' because of those giant glasses he wears, but it's like the jackets he wears. It's all in fun. We have heard that Evine wants him to come out with a new product every time he's on, and I have always felt he just quickly made something to satisfy them, but it was very comparable to what he already has. I would put my foot down and just say,'I have enough products-let's concentrate on them.' If there's something new in the way of anti-aging, he's on it. He'll add it to his already products. I let him do the detective work. I trust him. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  Gosh, I don't think he looks like he has fillers at all. His face is thin now having lost weight, I can see that. He might look 'cartoonish' because of those giant glasses he wears, but it's like the jackets he wears. It's all in fun. We have heard that Evine wants him to come out with a new product every time he's on, and I have always felt he just quickly made something to satisfy them, but it was very comparable to what he already has. I would put my foot down and just say,'I have enough products-let's concentrate on them.' If there's something new in the way of anti-aging, he's on it. He'll add it to his already products. I let him do the detective work. I trust him. 

Hey @Judaline! How are you? I am not watching him this time but I did last. I don't mind his clothes or accessories, I think they go with his personality and are really cute. The last time I saw him he really did to me look like he had overdone it on fillers. He has been looking like that the last year or so but I am not seeing him this time and I am not near a tv so I probably won't for the rest of the day. He has all the hallmarks that I see for being over filled. I just do not think he needs to go to the extent he does. He is a great looking guy and would look so much better IMO either giving it a break or really paring it down and doing less of it, less often.

If he wants to add more products, that is up to him and I really don't have an issue with it. I am not in the same school of thought though about letting him do the detective work though. I feel like if he drops the ball on something as important as SPF and carrying only one which is simply not enough variety for all the different skin types, then I really question if he is up to doing the detective work. Whether Evine is wanting to add more and more products or if he is (or both) for each visit, it really doesn't matter to me. I feel like you need to make sure you have a good foundation before adding more and with only one SPF, that isn't exactly a great foundation considering if you don't have a solid SPF for every skin type, it really cancels out all of the new serums and creams he is adding. 

Hope you have a great weekend and stay warm. I don't know if you are in the line of a storm but if you are be safe and have fun. We are and I have my grandson this weekend because my daughter and SIL are going out of town on a planned trip. I am looking forward to using the new snow toys I picked up for him. HeartSmiley Happy

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK