Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

I have never ordered from him before ever.  I am watching and reading about products.  I am the one with the white stuff in the pores, zits and cysts.

I just ordered the kit 312-201.  Do you think I ordered the right thing?  I also got a 15 percent discount for being a new customer.  YAY

His pore cleansers and cleansers in general are quite good. I think w/consistent use you will see  positive results.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

ITA!!!

Why single him out?  You don't think other vendors haven't had anything done? You think Doris Dalton was born with those fat lips?  I mean, heck, we're chatting in a BEAUTY forum so we're all at least moderately interested in caring for what we have and looking our best.  We have ladies here who will color their grey hair, do Botox, laser treatments, maybe some boob jobs or face lifts in order to have a certain look so why is it an obsession if Dimitri doesn't want to give in to hair loss?  He lives in the land of beautiful people so there's probably some kind of expectation he's got to live up to.  But even if he didn't, he can afford it so it's his business if he wants to get the hair transplant.  I'm sure there are people on TV (newscasters) who have done it in order to look their best for being on camera.  

You are so right, JLF!  I'm reading some of these comments and thinking' meow, meow, meow-a bunch of catttiness (no offense to feline groovy).

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

ITA!!!

Why single him out?  You don't think other vendors haven't had anything done? You think Doris Dalton was born with those fat lips?  I mean, heck, we're chatting in a BEAUTY forum so we're all at least moderately interested in caring for what we have and looking our best.  We have ladies here who will color their grey hair, do Botox, laser treatments, maybe some boob jobs or face lifts in order to have a certain look so why is it an obsession if Dimitri doesn't want to give in to hair loss?  He lives in the land of beautiful people so there's probably some kind of expectation he's got to live up to.  But even if he didn't, he can afford it so it's his business if he wants to get the hair transplant.  I'm sure there are people on TV (newscasters) who have done it in order to look their best for being on camera.  

In Sea Maiden's defense (and mine, I suppose, since I criticized (OH NO) him - this thread is ABOUT Dimitri.  You read the title, right?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHO'S WATCHING DIMITRI?

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@mima wrote:

I have never ordered from him before ever.  I am watching and reading about products.  I am the one with the white stuff in the pores, zits and cysts.

I just ordered the kit 312-201.  Do you think I ordered the right thing?  I also got a 15 percent discount for being a new customer.  YAY

@mima  I really like his pore products.  If you can swing it, I'd also suggest 311-793.  I use all the products in that kit.

Also, as word of warning.  In the kit you bought, the Pore Magnet peel off mask will sting/burn a little when you first apply it but that sensation tapers off as the mask dries down.

@JeanLouiseFinch  Do I need both kits or should I have ordered the one you suggested?  I'll pay anything right now.  I am desperate.  Would I alternate the products in both kits?

Thank you!!!!

@mima  I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, but honestly I'd get both.  You'll be supplied with three different moisturizing creams.  I have never used the Youth Preservation Elite Cream.  Most Skinn users prefer the original to the elite, but I'm not sure why.  I've never used either.  For me, I prefer a cream at night and something lighter in the day.  The Poreless Cream is a little thinner consistency.  Dimitri recommends using only two days per week AM & PM.  Then you have the Take the Weekend Off Cream.  If you haven't used this before, it is intended to replace your entire PM routine two consecutive nights per week.  Most, I think, do it on Sat. & Sun., but if you're "weekend" falls on different days, that's fine.  On those two nights, do your cleansing and only use the TTWO, nothing else.  Your AM routine remains the same throughout.  All that said, you will use the Pore Detox Cleanser up to three times per week.  IDK what other cleanser you're using, but I'll discuss that later.   IDK what other serums and so forth that you're using, but before you apply them, first apply the Pore Authority (PM) or Matte Manager (AM) to your problem areas - just a couple of drops patted on the targeted area.  Any other serums go on afterward.  Then, alternate the Youth Preservation Cream and Poreless Cream Mon. thru Fri., and use the Take the Weekend Off on Sat. & Sun. night.  

During the day, follow your routine as usual, but if you're using a tinted moisturizer or BB/CC cream, you might be able to eliminate a separate moisturizer.  If you have days where you're not wearing makeup, you can use either the YPC or PC, if your skin tolerates it.  I usually prefer a lighter moisturizer in the daytime, but that's me.  One of these days, I might try the YPC.

A couple other things I'll mention....a few years ago, I had an issue with clogged pores.  I discovered Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (Amazon Prime) and while I was skeptical about using oil on my face, it made a world of difference.  Within short order my skin had improved and my oil production was normalized.  I still use the Dr. Young cleansing oil today, at night, but sometimes will use the Skinn PM cleanser.  It's also an excellent product.  Since you can only use the Pore Detox cleanser occasionally, I'd also recommend the Skinn AM cleanser for all other mornings.  After using the Dr. Young cleansing oil for awhile, I bought a Foreo Luna Mini and it loved how it made things even better.  Unfortunately, it konked out at around a year.  I replaced it with an inexpensive dupe from Amazon, which is still going strong.  They're inexpensive, under $20, and I would recommend one for you too, to help in getting your skin as clean as possible without causing any irritation.  I realize your head might be spinning, but exfoliation is also an important part of keeping your pores clean so don't forget that part.  You have many options there.  

Good luck to you. 

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968  Not only that! He's doing it for us. I am like him in a way. When I find something great I want to tell everyone. I want to help someone who has a beauty problem (too bad I can't help myself more lol). So I think that's what he does. He's like, oh, boy, I can't wait to get on the air and show them this. He sometimes can't wait and will tell us about something he'll be showing us soon. But I think he's so into inventing new stuff that he loses track of what he's already got. It's just gotten too busy. Too much stuff. Too many choices. But he means well, I really believe that. I also think he's a little loose with the truth and lighting, etc. And I don't think he's had fillers or work done. He's not that old, really. But I believe he will.

Regular Contributor

I don't think he is being singled out.  Every time a vendor comes on people talk about them.  The only people that get offended by this are the ones that worship him.

Honored Contributor

Funny that HSN TS for today is also a neck device from Prai, this one looks a lot more pleasant to use and a lot more plausible. The one from Dimitri only gives very temporary results, so why bother?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@j-lou wrote:

I don't think he is being singled out.  Every time a vendor comes on people talk about them.  The only people that get offended by this are the ones that worship him.

@j-lou  Defending someone or questioning a negative poster's motive doesn't mean you worship the person being talked about.  I certainly don't worship Dimitri, but I wonder why people who couldn't care less about the line bother to watch him or why they even have to bother participating in a discussion on a vendor/product line they don't like/don't use, and then have to take a thread in an unpleasant direction and make it a downer for those who do like the products (or even just some of them).  Why do some have to ruin it and make an assault on a person's appearance?  It happens all the time; Chaz Dean, Jamie Kern Lima, Dimitri James, Josie Maran, Adrienne Arpel, others.  If you don't like something about a particular product, if it didn't work for you, great, share that and let's have a discussion, but to enter a thread for the sole purpose of saying something negative about an individual, whoever it is, doesn't create an atmosphere for discussion.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

When I saw Dimitri's hair I thought - what a weird haircut.  Then he said he was getting plugs put in (so they have taken it from the back to put in the front?). 

@hoosieroriginal ~ he just had it done last week, that's why the back of his head is shaved.  Yes, they take the hair plugs from the back of head to reintroduce to balding or thin areas.  He should of shaved his whole head, JMO but It would look much better.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@j-lou wrote:

@j-lou  Defending someone or questioning a negative poster's motive doesn't mean you worship the person being talked about.  I certainly don't worship Dimitri, but I wonder why people who could care less about the line bother to watch him or why they even have to bother participating in a discussion on a vendor/product line they don't like, and then have to take a thread in an unpleasant direction and make it a downer for those who do like the products (or even just some of them).  Why do some have to ruin it and make an assault on a person's appearance?  It happens all the time; Chaz Dean, Jamie Kern Lima, Dimitri James, Josie Maran, Adrienne Arpel, others.  If you don't like something about a particular product, if it didn't work for you, great, share that and let's have a discussion, but to enter a thread for the sole purpose of something negative about an individual, whoever it is, doesn't create an atmosphere for discussion.  

I think when the creator of the brand represents it, especially saying they created it or use it for their own "issues," it is fair to comment.  Being in a media spotlight just creates commentary - on everything and everyone.  If you can't handle that, it is the wrong occupation for you. 

When you go on television and advise others how to "look better," you better be able to walk the walk.  Television IS and ALWAYS has been tough.

Hyacinth