Honored Contributor

He certainly has changed his appearance since the few weeks  ago that he was on air. Looks a little wacky with the hair thing and then he said he had lost 24 lbs in 3 weeks too. that can't be good for a body. I admire that he fesses up to the hair plug thing but he is truly obsessed with his appearance these days. And kind of weird with the neck thing for the TS too. Not interested and prob won't even watch this time around. Kind of creeps me out a little.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

I started questioning his integrity some time ago.  I do think he's authentic, though.  An authentic con man.

Seriously, if his neck creams were so great, what the heck is with this new neck gizmo?

He just keeps coming up with new nonsense.  

The only thing I like anymore of his is the Essential Radiance OIl.  That's it.

Honored Contributor

And no one can honestly believe that he isn't injected to the max with fillers.

He's really starting to look weird.  And it's not the hair.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

between Demitri's obsession with his appearance.... and  the neck thing now........ I am starting to question  his authenticity. He is becoming cheesy. 

ITA!!!

Why single him out?  You don't think other vendors haven't had anything done? You think Doris Dalton was born with those fat lips?  I mean, heck, we're chatting in a BEAUTY forum so we're all at least moderately interested in caring for what we have and looking our best.  We have ladies here who will color their grey hair, do Botox, laser treatments, maybe some boob jobs or face lifts in order to have a certain look so why is it an obsession if Dimitri doesn't want to give in to hair loss?  He lives in the land of beautiful people so there's probably some kind of expectation he's got to live up to.  But even if he didn't, he can afford it so it's his business if he wants to get the hair transplant.  I'm sure there are people on TV (newscasters) who have done it in order to look their best for being on camera.  

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I have never ordered from him before ever.  I am watching and reading about products.  I am the one with the white stuff in the pores, zits and cysts.

I just ordered the kit 312-201.  Do you think I ordered the right thing?  I also got a 15 percent discount for being a new customer.  YAY

@mima  I really like his pore products.  If you can swing it, I'd also suggest 311-793.  I use all the products in that kit.

Also, as word of warning.  In the kit you bought, the Pore Magnet peel off mask will sting/burn a little when you first apply it but that sensation tapers off as the mask dries down.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WHO'S WATCHING DIMITRI?

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

ITA!!!

Why single him out?  You don't think other vendors haven't had anything done? You think Doris Dalton was born with those fat lips?  I mean, heck, we're chatting in a BEAUTY forum so we're all at least moderately interested in caring for what we have and looking our best.  We have ladies here who will color their grey hair, do Botox, laser treatments, maybe some boob jobs or face lifts in order to have a certain look so why is it an obsession if Dimitri doesn't want to give in to hair loss?  He lives in the land of beautiful people so there's probably some kind of expectation he's got to live up to.  But even if he didn't, he can afford it so it's his business if he wants to get the hair transplant.  I'm sure there are people on TV (newscasters) who have done it in order to look their best for being on camera.  

^5 @JeanLouiseFinch! I remember when HSN was "reorganizing" and all the hosts were told to "freshen" up...as in face lifts or lose your place...Bobbie Ray,Colleen, and I think even Amy who was off for 2 months last year have had a tune up...it is the beast of the business..you don't find ugly, wrinkly people selling beauty (heck, you don't find them selling anything on tv period!) For them, it is their career...for us, vanity,self esteem,pride...doesn't matter...

Dimitri is just trying to feel good about himself after a lifetime of not feeling he measured up to the models he made up...he tells this story a lot..hair plugs? who cares? botox? I did it once (was a gift) and I liked it...just pricy! Fillers? Face lifts? Implants? Go for it! Who am I to say you shouldn't? I think some feel a need to criticize others to feel better about themselves and that is just sad...YMMV 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@mima wrote:

I have never ordered from him before ever.  I am watching and reading about products.  I am the one with the white stuff in the pores, zits and cysts.

I just ordered the kit 312-201.  Do you think I ordered the right thing?  I also got a 15 percent discount for being a new customer.  YAY

@mima  I really like his pore products.  If you can swing it, I'd also suggest 311-793.  I use all the products in that kit.

Also, as word of warning.  In the kit you bought, the Pore Magnet peel off mask will sting/burn a little when you first apply it but that sensation tapers off as the mask dries down.

@JeanLouiseFinch  Do I need both kits or should I have ordered the one you suggested?  I'll pay anything right now.  I am desperate.  Would I alternate the products in both kits?

Thank you!!!!

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I couldn't believe when he started talking about smoking and craving a cigarette. I was stunned considering how he takes care of his skin how he could possibly smoke...he knows the destruction it does to the skin!

Honored Contributor

Re: WHO'S WATCHING DIMITRI?

[ Edited ]

@CHEX wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I couldn't believe when he started talking about smoking and craving a cigarette. I was stunned considering how he takes care of his skin how he could possibly smoke...he knows the destruction it does to the skin!

@CHEX  I am an ex smoker for almost 30 years....so can understand craving a smoke when you are a smoker.  Do you think he really still smokes? You are right about it pickeling the skin. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like many in the beauty business, Dimitri's face is his fortune, esp. since he says he uses his own line extensively.

Entertainers like Elton John and Tony Bennett have gotton hair plugs; I see no difference for Dimitri. I'm glad he mentioned it b/c I thought his haircut was 'different'.