Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN???

@sueinsf wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

I ordered the hair TTV kit.  I tried a sample of Skinn's former shampoo and thought it was jist okay, not really moisturizing enough.  I use WEN but am looking for something a little less voluminous to take with me when I travel.  😊

I didn't see any of the presentations.  Was it a different shampoo formula??  When I tried the sample previously I didn't think it moisturizing enough either.

I only caught one presentation.  It is different in that this one is labeled as volumizing and I know the scent is different, too. Of course the samples didn't come with the cuticle sealer which is included in this kit and I'm hoping that makes a difference. Mine is supposed to be delivered Wednesday, so I can let you know Thursday.  I know volumizing often equates with drying, but Dimitri said this one isn't drying.  I need to go back and watch the video.  😊

@BExplorer @sueinsf Mine will be here today. Waiting on it right now so I can take a shower. LOL!!!

It is a different formula which has clay in it. I know volumizing means drier so I hope it does not dry out my hair. I have been using his other formula since it was the TTV. It does make a difference in my hair using the cuticle sealer plus the scalp revitalizer he has. I also use the hair mask.

@Nightowlz I found the sample of the original too drying, so if this is more drying that would be a definite no for me.  I've been using the scalp revitalizer but not sure it is doing much -- do you notice a difference using that?  It does make my scalp tingle but I don't notice it adding volume.  Not sure I will repurchase.  I have the hair mask as well and alternate using that and the WEN remoist.

@BExplorer @sueinsf The scalp revitalizer does add volume to my hair & feels thicker.

I used the new kit again & does make my hair a little drier then his original kit but gives me more volume. I'm going to keep using it to see what happens. Yes I do think the new kit leaves my hair drier then his original kit but I like the volume it adds.

Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

I'm not @Nightowlz but I find the revitalizer does not give me volume ; it makes my hair more limp than the other styling products I use.  😕 @sueinsf

Thanks @BExplorer.  Your opinion is appreciated as well  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

I ordered the hair TTV kit.  I tried a sample of Skinn's former shampoo and thought it was jist okay, not really moisturizing enough.  I use WEN but am looking for something a little less voluminous to take with me when I travel.  😊

I didn't see any of the presentations.  Was it a different shampoo formula??  When I tried the sample previously I didn't think it moisturizing enough either.

I only caught one presentation.  It is different in that this one is labeled as volumizing and I know the scent is different, too. Of course the samples didn't come with the cuticle sealer which is included in this kit and I'm hoping that makes a difference. Mine is supposed to be delivered Wednesday, so I can let you know Thursday.  I know volumizing often equates with drying, but Dimitri said this one isn't drying.  I need to go back and watch the video.  😊

@BExplorer @sueinsf Mine will be here today. Waiting on it right now so I can take a shower. LOL!!!

It is a different formula which has clay in it. I know volumizing means drier so I hope it does not dry out my hair. I have been using his other formula since it was the TTV. It does make a difference in my hair using the cuticle sealer plus the scalp revitalizer he has. I also use the hair mask.

@Nightowlz I found the sample of the original too drying, so if this is more drying that would be a definite no for me.  I've been using the scalp revitalizer but not sure it is doing much -- do you notice a difference using that?  It does make my scalp tingle but I don't notice it adding volume.  Not sure I will repurchase.  I have the hair mask as well and alternate using that and the WEN remoist.

@BExplorer @sueinsf The scalp revitalizer does add volume to my hair & feels thicker.

I used the new kit again & does make my hair a little drier then his original kit but gives me more volume. I'm going to keep using it to see what happens. Yes I do think the new kit leaves my hair drier then his original kit but I like the volume it adds.

Thanks @Nightowlz  Since I use heat on my hair (blow dryer or round heat brush) then I don't want any additional drying from cleanser, so I don't think this is for me.  As to the revitalizer, I do use it in combo with WEN so maybe that is why it is less effective for me?  Not that you need to use the whole system for each piece to work. Then again, I also don't use it everyday so maybe that is a factor. 

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks @Nightowlz  Since I use heat on my hair (blow dryer or round heat brush) then I don't want any additional drying from cleanser, so I don't think this is for me.  As to the revitalizer, I do use it in combo with WEN so maybe that is why it is less effective for me?  Not that you need to use the whole system for each piece to work. Then again, I also don't use it everyday so maybe that is a factor. 

@sueinsf I don't blow dry my hair so maybe that's the difference. Don't know for sure. I have also let my hair air dry. The only blow dryer in the house is the one we used on our dogs years ago. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

TGIF Dazzlers!

I am sad to report that I'm returning my TTV volumizing shampoo kit. There was no volumizing to speak of, but my hair ignores all attempts to add volume and/or body so that is not a surprise. But it also leaves my hair dry so I think the original SKINN shampoo is a better choice to me. I'll just stick with that.

I tried the Enlightened Radiance body lotion from the other TTV for the first time this morning. I was quite surprised by the dark color but I like the way it looks and feels on my skin. What does everyone else think of it?

Honored Contributor

When I washed my hair this morning I used the original shampoo & then used the hair mask since the volumizing shampoo dried it out on the ends. When it was dry my hair looked great - it really took care of the dry flyaway look. Definitely the original version is best for my hair...even though I'd like some volume. lol